Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 01:37 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,597,880 times

Advertisements

I think the logical solution can be had:

A) You can fly your cat in cargo. Cat arrives safe and happy to see you again.
B) You can fly you cat in coach...but if a passenger starts having trouble breathing then the cat gets tossed out the window.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:15 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Nope!

Carry an inhaler and deal with the fact that there might be an animal on the plane. Air on an aircraft is rigidly filtered and only about 50% of it is recycled. Fresh outside air is cycled through. You will survive. How do I know? Because NO ONE has EVER died of a companion-animal-induced asthma attack on an airplane. Doesn't happen. Your fears are unfounded (and obnoxious).

It's not up to everyone else to completely change the way we live our lives because you have an allergy.

If you are seated next to a cat you can ask to be reseated. Problem solved.

Edited to add: I guarantee you have flown on a plane with a cat or dog onboard (more than one, most likely), and never even noticed.
Being reseated is not always possible. Most flights are now full.

Do you have any idea how expensive epi pens are these days? Perhaps the cat owner should buy one and provide it to a person having a cat allergy attack.

It’s not fair to the rest of the passengers on the plane to have to deal with problems caused by your pet. Pets are not people and should not be treated as such. Humans who actually care about other people are becoming fewer in our society. Many of those individuals seem to prefer their pets over other human beings—maybe because their pets love them, when perhaps real people don’t.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:10 AM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post

Do you have any idea how expensive epi pens are these days? Perhaps the cat owner should buy one and provide it to a person having a cat allergy attack.

It’s not fair to the rest of the passengers on the plane to have to deal with problems caused by your pet. Pets are not people and should not be treated as such. Humans who actually care about other people are becoming fewer in our society. Many of those individuals seem to prefer their pets over other human beings—maybe because their pets love them, when perhaps real people don’t.
On my flight Monday, a couple asked if I would move my seat so they could sit together with their two year. I moved. No big deal.

You can not give someone an epi pen. If a person has a bad reaction after using it, you could have legal liabilities.

"maybe because their pets love them, when perhaps real people don’t" is really harsh. Most pet owners are very loving towards other human and animals.

I have flown with my cat. No big deal. The great majority of people aren't allergic to cats. My cat remained in her crate and didn't spread her dander or hair. My clothing probably spread more allergens than she did.

As I said earlier in this thread, I have a peanut allergy. On Monday's flight, I sat next a person who ate peanut butter. There is nothing to keep planes free of all allergens.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:19 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
On my flight Monday, a couple asked if I would move my seat so they could sit together with their two year. I moved. No big deal.

You can not give someone an epi pen. If a person has a bad reaction after using it, you could have legal liabilities.

"maybe because their pets love them, when perhaps real people don’t" is really harsh. Most pet owners are very loving towards other human and animals.

I have flown with my cat. No big deal. The great majority of people aren't allergic to cats. My cat remained in her crate and didn't spread her dander or hair. My clothing probably spread more allergens than she did.

As I said earlier in this thread, I have a peanut allergy. On Monday's flight, I sat next a person who ate peanut butter. There is nothing to keep planes free of all allergens.
So what you really are saying, is that you have no concerns that those people that have cat allergies are affected. You just don't care because you're cat's more important than the person. Got it.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:39 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Never travelled with a cat, but all of your worries seem centered around carrying on the pet and going through security.

Just book her in cargo, give her some kitty klonopins, and pick her up when you land.

Pretty much everyone around you on the plane will be very thankful you did it that way.
I love my cats to pieces and I agree with this. Cargo. have the vet give her sleeping pills.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:19 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Don't worry, the airlines are starting to adjust due to abusers of the privileges like yourself. And the pressure will continue. Critters are perfectly find in cargo, perfectly comfortable, and have been for years.
LOL. They actually aren't. Animals are still allowed in the cabin, no changes there. I know you wish that were the case, but it's not. You are free to not fly if you don't like it.

It also puzzles me how suddenly anyone who brings an animal on a plane in full compliance with the airline's rules is an "abuser of the privilege."

Old 05-24-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post

They will move people if reseating is an issue. Flight attendants have plenty of experience dealing with whiny passengers who don't like their seats. Rest easy, they will move you.

It's not fair for other passengers to have to deal with tons of stuff we have to deal with. Frankly it's not fair for anyone with a legally allowed pet to have to deal with some idiot who wants to whine that he doesn't want to sit next to a seat with a cat under it. It's not fair for me to have to hear someone's screaming child for an entire flight. That's life. Deal with it or stay home.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Because the human has priority. Always. In all cases.

Period.
Again - you wish this were the case, but alas for you, it is not. You can stomp your feet about it all you like but that won't change a thing.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:32 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Again - you wish this were the case, but alas for you, it is not. You can stomp your feet about it all you like but that won't change a thing.
We're working on it. Stay tuned. Airlines are listening to the larger group, not those special snowflakes who want their kitties underneath their feet.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:48 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
We're working on it. Stay tuned. Airlines are listening to the larger group, not those special snowflakes who want their kitties underneath their feet.
The "larger group" is people who really don't care if there is a cat or two on the plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues