Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 06:38 PM

219 posts, read 162,517 times

Advertisements

The big P-30 truck is in our driveway. We have someone working on getting it ready mechanically. We are trying to figure out how to structure the space. There is a single driver's seat and a door on the passenger's side with a double door in the back. We will be traveling with me and my husband in this truck, with three dogs and four cats in cages. We have a friend that will drive our pickup back, possibly with a small trailer.

The interior is 17.5 feet long and 7.5 feet wide. It's tall enough to stand in. We are considering framing in our mattress. It would give the dogs a place to ride and would allow us to lay down and improve circulation to our legs during the long drive. My husband has a problem with fluid buildup so this seems like the best way to handle it. We are packing most things in bins or in trunks. There are metal ribs on the wall that we could use for straps to secure items (this was a Frito-Lay delivery truck).

I realize it's probably not something most people have had to deal with. I think we could try the idea of measuring out that space and putting items into it. It's just one of those things that seems overwhelming when you start working on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues