U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 06:16 PM

728 posts, read 427,625 times

Advertisements

In the spring of 2019, or before, we want to ship a 2018 Hyundai Kona from Paradise, CA to Bella Vista, Arkansas.
My wife can't drive 2,000 miles on the freeways and I'll be driving the bigger SUV, fully loaded.
I received quotes in the $ 1,100 to $ 1,800 range.
The price I can live with, but there is the question of trust, and reliability.
Checking Internet reviews every company has good and bad reviews.

If you had a good or bad experience recently, please share with us, especially the name of the transporter.

I forgot to add (editing now) we can't tow it due to the towing capacity on the other SUV isn't high enough.

Last edited by mgforshort; 12-06-2018 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 06:32 PM

1,281 posts, read 410,852 times
I recently sold a car to a guy, and he had the devil of a time finding a transporter. Took him months. I don't know who the 2 or 3 people he tried to hire, but the guy who finally picked it up seemed flakey enough.

Rent a tow dolly and tow it behind the bigger car. After about 100 miles, you won't even notice it. Even if you have to buy and install a hitch, you'll spend a fraction. Although, if you can wrangle that $1100 quote, that doesn't seem too bad.

Good luck. Sorry your town burnt down.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:53 PM

358 posts, read 311,652 times
This past October I shipped my small SUV from southern Maine to SoCal. I was quoted and paid $1445. Very happy with this driver-owned transport company: Nationwide Coast to Coast Auto Transport - Golden Key Express

Old 12-08-2018, 05:35 PM

2,408 posts, read 3,055,672 times
Why not leave the car behind in CA, drive the other to AR, fly back to CA, pick up car and drive back to AR....save $1000 in the process....

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-08-2018, 06:23 PM

1,857 posts, read 532,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Why not leave the car behind in CA, drive the other to AR, fly back to CA, pick up car and drive back to AR....save $1000 in the process....

Regards
Gemstone1
Plane flight + gas + motel is not going to save much, on top of that wtf wants to drive 2k miles after just doing it?
OP, are you going to have to find a buyer for your Paradise house before putting this move into action? or are you doing it regardless? are you currently shopping houses in Bella Vista?

Old 12-08-2018, 07:03 PM

5,194 posts, read 8,318,298 times
Is there someone in CA that can drive the car, and then fly back to CA ?

Or the reverse, someone in AR flies to CA, and then drives back to AR ?

Old 12-09-2018, 10:03 PM

"Plane flight + gas + motel is not going to save much, on top of that wtf wants to drive 2k miles after just doing it?
OP, are you going to have to find a buyer for your Paradise house before putting this move into action? or are you doing it regardless? are you currently shopping houses in Bella Vista?"

Duke944, I couldn't have said it better. I hate flying, and the closest airport to Paradise is a $ 200 taxi drive and 2 hours.

We need to sell the house first to get the money in hand for the new place in B Vista.
We have a realtor in Bella Vista and I am looking at the portal she sends right now.
I am aware of the market because in the last 6-7 months I was browsing B Vista homes on Zilow, at least twice a week.
The hardest part is to pick the best house, the problem is I like everything I see.
First world problem, you can say.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
"Plane flight + gas + motel is not going to save much, on top of that wtf wants to drive 2k miles after just doing it?
OP, are you going to have to find a buyer for your Paradise house before putting this move into action? or are you doing it regardless? are you currently shopping houses in Bella Vista?"

Duke944, I couldn't have said it better. I hate flying, and the closest airport to Paradise is a $ 200 taxi drive and 2 hours.

We need to sell the house first to get the money in hand for the new place in B Vista.
We have a realtor in Bella Vista and I am looking at the portal she sends right now.
I am aware of the market because in the last 6-7 months I was browsing B Vista homes on Zilow, at least twice a week.
The hardest part is to pick the best house, the problem is I like everything I see.
First world problem, you can say.
You get a LOT of house for the money here compared to Cali, that's for sure. What size house/price range are you looking at here? Do you anticipate problems selling your Paradise house considering the fires?

Old 12-12-2018, 11:36 AM

We want to stay under the 250 K budget.
Our home cost us in Paradise 292 K with the improvements in the last 3 years.
I'd like to get that all back, but if not we must sell for less and get out of California.

The latest idea they had now is place a tax on text messages. Farting, for now, is still free.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
We want to stay under the 250 K budget.
Our home cost us in Paradise 292 K with the improvements in the last 3 years.
I'd like to get that all back, but if not we must sell for less and get out of California.

The latest idea they had now is place a tax on text messages. Farting, for now, is still free.
You can get 2500 sf really nice home for that here, what sf is your Paradise house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or