U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,252,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I lived in central Florida for 29 years. I am not a warm weather person and am certainly not a hot weather person. Enough said? Sometimes our circumstance dictate to us where we have to be. I should still be there, but it was suffocating my internal needs.

I need snow in my life.
I need the brilliance of autumn leaves and cool breezes and leaf-covered streets.
I need to be able to tell how harsh the winter will be by watching cattle grow their winter coats and watching various species of birds migrating to the south.
I need to own a heavy winter coat. It's just the normal thing to own.
You don't see those things in FL. And people that have always lived in Florida can't even imagine it.

I'm back where I belong now.
This is a beautiful post, and touches a chord with me. Reminds me of the song, Turn, Turn, Turn (no pun with the chord comment). I am happy for you, that you are back where you belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 11:06 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,728,391 times
Default I think some places just arent for some people-

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I moved to my current location going on five years ago. Practically from the outset I was miserable. I didn't take certain factors into account. Anyway, neither here nor there. What's done is done and I'm stuck for the meantime.

Do you think people can adjust anywhere and be happy, or are there just some places that no matter how much time and effort one puts into it, a person will just never be happy?
No. I am living proof-lol. I just need to be near culture, museums and people, the arts, etc....They have NOTHING where I live now. My fault for moving here, but something I will rectify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues