Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:25 PM

947 posts, read 3,572,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
what do you mean by that?
I don't mean to be rude but when everything is one big paragraph, it actually is hard to read and gives me a headache.. i dont mean to be picky, but proper formatting of sentences and paragraphs would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM

213 posts, read 672,093 times
Default oh my bad

oh my bad, i was just feeling bad at the time. i wasn't even paying attention to my grammer. I was just ranting and raving. Sorry if it's hard to read.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:47 PM

663 posts, read 2,263,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
oh my bad, i was just feeling bad at the time. i wasn't even paying attention to my grammer. I was just ranting and raving. Sorry if it's hard to read.

Hope you felt better after your post! It's good to get things out like that .... (but it was hard to read).

Old 06-06-2008, 03:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I thnik many people can never get use to places that are so different than where raised. Many can't live without family support also. It does take some getting use to and there are people who vacation in a area getting a impression and then finding living there is very different.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:08 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik many people can never get use to places that are so different than where raised.
I am a rural Yankee who got transplanted to a large city in the south when I got married. Twenty years later I still have not adjusted. I still miss snow. I don't go outside much in the summer here, because the heat and humidity are more than I can comfortably handle. I miss my privacy and my freedom to not have to worry about 'what will the neighbors think' if I don't cut my lawn every Saturday. I can't wait to move on and find myself back in a more rural environment again

Old 06-07-2008, 01:42 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,033,769 times
I don't think there are just some places a person will never be happy. I think there are just some people who will never be happy in any place.

Has nothing to do with the PLACE. Has everything to do with the PERSON.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:16 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I moved to my current location going on five years ago. Practically from the outset I was miserable. I didn't take certain factors into account. Anyway, neither here nor there. What's done is done and I'm stuck for the meantime.

Do you think people can adjust anywhere and be happy, or are there just some places that no matter how much time and effort one puts into it, a person will just never be happy?
No, my wife and I will never like where we live now no matter what happens. The place is boring, crazy boring and full of self rightous idiots who think life is walmart and church.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
I don't think there are just some places a person will never be happy. I think there are just some people who will never be happy in any place.

Has nothing to do with the PLACE. Has everything to do with the PERSON.
I disagree, there are many places that many people would find not in their taste no matter what.

I am now living in the first place my entire life that I absolutly hate.

Luckily I am moving, applied to another college just to get the heck out of the town I am in, I rather take the financial hit of quitting my job then stick around this hell hole longer.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
its not always the place.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times
Quote:
I disagree, there are many places that many people would find not in their taste no matter what.
I agree. There are just some places where you're just not going to like, no matter how hard you try.

I am a native Floridian, and I moved to Atlanta when I was 19. I was miserable for the first year. Went through some serious depression. But I decided 'ok, let me at least give this a try'. I found a great job, made a decent amount of money for a 20-year old, bought a new car, had the best co-workers in the world, made friends, love-interests, you name it. Everything was seemingly perfect. But I wasnt happy.

I never fit in in Atlanta. I tried, for 4 years, and it just never happened. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you're just not made for that place. I was not made to live in Atlanta. I dont regret living there. I learned things and met people who I will never forget. But I never considered it 'home' there, and dont ever want to.

Quote:
I thnik many people can never get use to places that are so different than where raised.
I think thats also true. And I think that was a big part of why I didnt fit in. Atlanta and Miami are worlds apart in so many ways. It was like a culture shock and I never got used to their way of thinking or doing things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues