Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 05:07 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,418 times

Advertisements

We are moving out of Michigan and I checked prices all over and the least expensive is Kings Wally. Has anyone used them? I want to put the deposit on the truck as the prices will be going up soon. We are going to Minnesota but if the company moves my husband to a different state by July when we move I hope the deposit holds. I know many people talk about Penske but they were really expensive. I would like to rent the 16 foot truck but I don't think it will be big enough it then jumps to a 22 foot. Has anyone went with the 16 foot and then rented a pull behind trailer. Also starting at 22 foot the trucks are deisel. I don;t know about others but in our area in Michigan gas hit 4.00 today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:50 PM

51 posts, read 224,173 times
Check out P.O.D.S. may be a little high but with gas, it may be worth it. They drop the container, you load it, and it goes into storage until you need it. I used them from NY to SC and highly recommend them. PODS - Reinventing Moving and Storage > HOME

Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Mimberly, I've never seen a "Kings Wally" rental truck and I've been running up and down the roads for 11 years now... (Unless that's a nickname for one of the big agencies I've never heard before?)

Old 05-14-2008, 11:39 PM

479 posts, read 2,223,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber_kid View Post
Check out P.O.D.S. may be a little high but with gas, it may be worth it. They drop the container, you load it, and it goes into storage until you need it. I used them from NY to SC and highly recommend them. PODS - Reinventing Moving and Storage > HOME
That sounds like a great option! Do you remember roughly how much it costed you?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:57 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,365 times
Pod makes a great milk shake, I mean your stuff will look like a milk shake when you open up the container after a trip from hell.

Forget these graduates from McDonalds there the worsted

Old 05-19-2008, 08:55 PM

11 posts, read 31,377 times
I've never heard of Kings Wally either. I would ask the age of the trucks. Obviously, the older, the more likely of breakdowns on the road. That would be bad. Also, the company should be able to let you know if your stuff would fit on 16 foot truck. My opinion, it is always better to have a little extra room on a truck then not be able to get it all in and leave stuff behind or then have to rent the bigger truck. Another question - doesn't the diesel truck get better gas mileage than the gas truck so it would probably be cheaper in the long run even it is $4.00. I always tell people to check the BBB before hiring a company and now with the internet you can even look for reviews of Kings Wally. As for the PODs, never used them, but have heard the same story as Goldwing. What ever you decide, wrap all your furniture with blankets so that it won't get damaged. All items shift around, especially if stopping short. Best wishes!

Old 05-21-2008, 05:20 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,217,247 times
I used a PODS to move my stuff from my home, they took the unit several towns away for two weeks to their facility until we could move in to the new house, and brought it back. Not a single thing was damaged or made into a 'milkshake'. I don't know what that poster is talking about. I was happy with PODS.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
About how much would it cost to make the move in one of those trucks from MI to Las Vegas? Approx. as I have absolutely no idea.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 PM

479 posts, read 2,223,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
About how much would it cost to make the move in one of those trucks from MI to Las Vegas? Approx. as I have absolutely no idea.
I tried to get an online quote, but they said I would need to call in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues