U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 AM

202 posts, read 578,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I had my pharmacy mail it to my new location. No problem! Suppose it depends on the pharmacy.
Yes it would depend on the pharmacy. If you talking about the medications being mailed to you new location, unless you are in the same state as before the pharmacy would have to have a mail order license in the new state to do that "legally". It gets done all the time but I think if they ever were to bet caught there would be some big fines involved. I know where I live we are only 30 miles from the border of another state and we do not dare mail to our customers in that state because we have no mail order license there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:30 AM

9,712 posts, read 8,000,613 times
National chains FTW with prescriptions.

It worked FL to NJ (moved) and NJ to OH (on business trip and forgot pills)

Old 05-29-2011, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,453 times
Hi, I take medication for my thyroid on a regular basis and I just moved from Wisconsin to Illinois and I need to transfer my prescription. I don't have refills. I get it accepted by my doctor every month for a refill. Do I need to take it to a doctor down here or can I go to a clinic with the bottle? Oh and by the way I don't have insurance anymore cause my new job doesn't offer it (part-time). Please help this medicine in a necessity.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:25 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,223,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimarie90 View Post
Hi, I take medication for my thyroid on a regular basis and I just moved from Wisconsin to Illinois and I need to transfer my prescription. I don't have refills. I get it accepted by my doctor every month for a refill. Do I need to take it to a doctor down here or can I go to a clinic with the bottle? Oh and by the way I don't have insurance anymore cause my new job doesn't offer it (part-time). Please help this medicine in a necessity.
I would take it into a drugstore, and see if they can call your doctor, and refill your current prescription. If not, then you may have to find a new doctor in your new city, and get a new prescription.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,453 times
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,212 times
I live in las vegas nevada, and moving to minot north dakota. I'm currently on birth control and I was wondering if I could transffer the rest of the months I have of birth control to minot north dakota? I don't want to miss any and get pregnant

Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 PM

5,192 posts, read 8,318,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ana96 View Post
I live in las vegas nevada, and moving to minot north dakota. I'm currently on birth control and I was wondering if I could transffer the rest of the months I have of birth control to minot north dakota? I don't want to miss any and get pregnant
Where were you getting existing Rx filled ?? Mail order or local pharmacy ??

If mail order, you should be able to just do a change of shipping address (what I did when I moved). The current Rx itself is still valid.

If local pharmacy, you will have to ask them if they have same brand stores (Walgreens, CVS, etc) in Minot. If they do, then they can transfer the current Rx. If not, then you may have to get new Rx as soon as you get there. ( or get new Rx from current doc before you leave NV).

Good Luck.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 896 times
I get a schedule IV medication, tramadol, from a neurologist in Illinois. I want to keep him as my doctor even though I am going to be soon moving to Florida. My script has always been at a Walgreens pharmacy. My question is will the doctor continue to be able to fill my script at the Walgreens here in Illinois and then can I have it transferred each time to a Walgreens in Florida?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:58 PM

9,195 posts, read 11,677,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Buecker View Post
I get a schedule IV medication, tramadol, from a neurologist in Illinois. I want to keep him as my doctor even though I am going to be soon moving to Florida. My script has always been at a Walgreens pharmacy. My question is will the doctor continue to be able to fill my script at the Walgreens here in Illinois and then can I have it transferred each time to a Walgreens in Florida?
The current prescription can be transfered between same pharmacies (Walgreen to Walgreen) but once the maximum refills are completed, you will need a new prescription and I believe your scheduled IV medication now requires a physician visit. So you probably will need to return to Illinois or get a new physician in Florida. You can contact a Walgreen in FL and ask them if they accept out of state prescriptions for Schedule IV medication and ask you doctor if they will write a refill without an office visit. That's probably the best way to get an accurate answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or