U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:59 AM

8,710 posts, read 10,388,249 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering the same thing because we are moving from Det. to Las Vegas. I think that I will just set it all out this 4th of July weekend and hope it goes. I may even have to whip up a few new shots or drinks. I have a lot of Kahlua and Baileys and such. I don't want to take that stuff with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,107 times
Can you drink alcohol in the back of a cab in California?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:45 PM

8,093 posts, read 13,201,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomBoom View Post
Can you drink alcohol in the back of a cab in California?
No.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:41 PM

3,315 posts, read 8,782,251 times
Default yes indeed

I'd take it and transport as you mentioned. We always have lots of liqour (for parties). We've done it plenty of times -- opened alcohol in the trunks of cars or trucks from NJ to wherever. Some of the stuff is expensive and some of the bottles are large. We always use boxes from the liquor store too, the ones with separate compartments and cool designs. Good luck on your move!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,128,357 times
just don't drink it while your on the road

Old 12-31-2009, 11:04 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,501,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Person View Post
Wine can go bad in the heat, but not hard alcohol.Wine should always be kept cool & dark to keep fresh.That's a good question. I wonder was people do when they have a fully stocked bar (with spirits) to move. I guess they aren't that much in style anymore except for the ultra-rich.
I moved my fully stocked bar--had a local liquor store save boxes for me and packed it all up in those, then put it on some packing blankets in the truck and it was fine.

I more or less depleted my modest wine collection prior to moving. With the collection I've amassed since then, I'd have to have a company that specializes in moving wine come in, pack it, move it in a climate controlled truck, and unpack it to exactly the same slots in the wine cabinets. (It's all bar coded to correspond to a computerized inventory.) The company that insures it would void coverage otherwise.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 PM

2,550 posts, read 3,956,238 times
I live in Arizona.

I'm gonna tell you now, that you could be arrested for DUI here if it's an open container. It's illegal to have an open container now here. I know a friend of mine who has to turn herself in every weekend, to jail, because of an open container they found in her car when they pulled her over. She has to do that every weekend for 4 months!! That sucks!!!

So, please, don't have an open container. Box it up and when you move in, let it chill (get cold for a while), before you open them up and start drinking them...Other than that, I think after they got cool in a few hours, it would be a good idea to have a little party afterwards....

Good luck....

Old 01-06-2010, 06:25 PM

14,183 posts, read 44,777,702 times
Yeah, the wine you should drink up or give away, seriously doubt it would survive the trip. Probably you would be technically breaking at least one law in at least one state as you drive through with previously-opened spirits, but if they are packed away deep in the "box" of the truck I doubt anyone will bother you about it.

Liquor store boxes is a good idea. They tend to be a good source for free moving boxes anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues