Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 12:56 PM

122 posts, read 519,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I have no respect for any parent (mother or father) that moves far
away from their small kids unless they have no choice. Divorce
does not change the fact that kids need parental involvement
from both parents if they are fit parents.

Sorry but if I read a post about something I think is harmful to a child
I am going to post all day long. Kids deserve better.
Again, you do not know me or my situation any more than what I have posted. I understand folks will have very strong opinions as to my story. But, I am looking for others who have been in this situation or know someone in this situation.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Please do not do this. The damage, while unmeasurable, will outweigh the benefit of the job, insurance, etc. Don't even let anyone know that you entertained the thought.
Don't even let anyone know that you entertained the thought

Why not?

Old 07-06-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
OP was referring to better hours if the children were with her-if the dad doesn't blow a fit.

I would like to know what qualifies a female as the better parent? If both are just as good as each other as far as loving, caring, nuturing, providing...then why is it assumed that the female parent should always be the number one? I would be ticked if I were the male. If a man moves away, is that not considered "as bad" as the woman?

Good luck to the OP and I believe she was not really looking to be hung out to dry. Just wondering what others experienced in this type of situation, not moral opinions. I believe she knows those already.
Thank you for your post. You are correct.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:30 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times
YOUR Dream should either include the kids Or wait til they grow up to move to your Dream State. You went to court to get the kids Now you just want to leave them with the father that until your dream came along wasnt good enought to live with them...

Old 07-06-2008, 01:54 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,158,999 times
you had to know by posting such a controversial topic that you would get very strong opinions/reactions-right?

Bottom line is you know you ae going to do what you are going to do. Why bother caring or asking for anyone else's input? I don't think you'll find any fairy tale endings to this scenario so just do what you feel is best for your situation and let it go at that.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGal27 View Post
Again, you do not know me or my situation any more than what I have posted. I understand folks will have very strong opinions as to my story. But, I am looking for others who have been in this situation or know someone in this situation.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:55 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGal27 View Post
Thank you for your post. You are correct.
You don't sound real attached to your kids. Sounds like you can stand missing them. Can they stand missing you? I think you won't find too many mothers who have done this. Most mothers form an unbreakable bond with their children where they would rather die then not be with their kids to love, raise and protect them. You don't seem to have this bond. If something as unessential as living in a state that you like could pull you away from your babies then they are probably better off without you. If your husband lets you take them, (God forbid!) you'd probably get there and meet get a boyfriend who promises to take you to a state you like even better, but doesn't want your kids and you'll send them back to their dad then anyway. Might as well do it now. You're not real attached to them. What's good for them is not your first priority. Give them to their dad and maybe get your tubes tied so you don't do this again to a new set of babies. Mothering may not be your thing.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
You don't sound real attached to your kids. Sounds like you can stand missing them. Can they stand missing you? I think you won't find too many mothers who have done this. Most mothers form an unbreakable bond with their children where they would rather die then not be with their kids to love, raise and protect them. You don't seem to have this bond. If something as unessential as living in a state that you like could pull you away from your babies then they are probably better off without you. If your husband lets you take them, (God forbid!) you'd probably get there and meet get a boyfriend who promises to take you to a state you like even better, but doesn't want your kids and you'll send them back to their dad then anyway. Might as well do it now. You're not real attached to them. What's good for them is not your first priority. Give them to their dad and maybe get your tubes tied so you don't do this again to a new set of babies. Mothering may not be your thing.
Good luck to the OP and I believe she was not really looking to be hung out to dry. Just wondering what others experienced in this type of situation, not moral opinions. I believe she knows those already.

You took that answer to the wrong paragraph.

My "You are correct" statement was answering to the one above.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
you had to know by posting such a controversial topic that you would get very strong opinions/reactions-right?

Bottom line is you know you ae going to do what you are going to do. Why bother caring or asking for anyone else's input? I don't think you'll find any fairy tale endings to this scenario so just do what you feel is best for your situation and let it go at that.
Good luck.
I am not asking for opinions, per say, merely asking if anyone or anyone they know has had the opportunity, possibly of a lifetime, to move out of state taking there kids with, or letting the father care for them instead of taking them. I was more interested in listening from posters who have done this.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:49 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Sadly it sounds like you lack a real connection to your children that you would even be considering this.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:59 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,271,700 times
Its hard enough to see posters on here drop there animals because of dumb reasons...But for a mother to do this to her kids unreal.

But then I think the kids would be better off with the dad than this mom. I would hate to wonder if this turned into another Susan Smith case!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.