Hey everyone, I am a bit of a new guy here, but I have heard that this is the best place for help considering my situation. Upon reading these forums it seems as though I was told correctly. So here is my problem; I am planning a move from Lawrenceville, Georgia to Madison, Wisconsin. I am going to be attending school up there as well as relocating to an area that I love so very much. I feel as though I belong there! Anyway, here are the things that are on my mind;
1) I am not sure what I should use to move, should I use ABF rental? Perhaps a Penske rental truck with a tow dolly? I am taking my car with me. I only really have my queen sized bed, my 2 TVs, computer desk and reptile tanks, dresser, and coffee table. Any ideas? The fuel cost and all is what I am weighing. Gotta love $4 a gallon!
2) Speaking of reptiles, I am going to be taking my bearded dragon and kingsnake with me. Any ideas for transporting them over 800 miles and 14 hours with as little stress as possible?
3) I want to drive straight through, so being that Nashville and Chattanooga are the only large Metro areas that I will go through, what time should I leave? I would love to avoid any rush hour if at all possible.
4) Does a diesel rental truck really make any sense for me? Does it really offer the fuel savings that I am reading about? I am not really sure I need that amount of space to be totally honest.
5) What is the best way for me to actually drive all the way through? Is that something that is possible?
I believe that is all I can really think of. Any help you guys could offer would be fantastic. I am looking to move around Mid-August. I have the apartment and job all set up. I just need some advice! Thanks everyone!