U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 PM

983 posts, read 3,025,043 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone on here has used relo cubes with ABF trucking? I was trying to figure out if it is sensible to use them with furniture (sectional, queen bed, dining set, coffee tables, frig) or is it for people just moving a desk and boxes for example.

I passed an ABF truck carrying two of them and thought they looked awfully small. I looked up the smallest size storage unit at public storage and the cube is smaller than it.

The ABF cube measures 6D x 7W x 8H.
If you used them before how many did it take and what size place did you pack up?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 12:26 AM

8,696 posts, read 6,988,855 times
If you go to their website, I think they have a calculator thing that helps you figure that out. If not, try www.movingscam.com they have great info for the relocubes as they endorse them. Just do a search on their message boards. Lots of useful info.

Good luck. They are small.

Last edited by kimba01; 07-29-2008 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: had to fix link.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:48 AM

thanks Kimba01

I did go and reread and there it was... they only hold about one room of furniture.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM

8,696 posts, read 6,988,855 times
You're welcome! I didn't think they were that cheap either. Not awful but I would have thought a little less. I was going to do the ABF truck but I decided on a moving co. as they were not much more and they do all the work for you at both ends. They wrap all my furniture, take apart my bed, crate the mattresses, and load them all. This was worth the extra $$ to me. Plus, I would have had to get some local movers to unload my stuff at the destination because it is a 2nd flr apt and no way would I have been able to handle that heavy sofa up stairs!!

Good luck!!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM

Yeah for 2 cubes the quote was over $1400 for them to do door-to-door. And if they are that small 2 won't work for me. I decided to drive a truck and tow my car. I feel more comfortable with my items being in my possession the entire time. Heard too many horror stories on moving cos and holding yr stuff hostage to get more money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues