U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:48 PM

463 posts, read 1,210,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post

In all honesty, I saw some of your posts on Dallas and how much you hate it. I don't know Dallas much, but I meet plenty of nice, polite, friendly people that reside in that area due to my job, vendors and training there.

Do you have any hobbies? .
yes

Quote:
As for terrian, I actually think any big city, you really don't have hardcore terrain unless your in Park City, UT or something like that. LOL!! .
I've seen several cities that have beautiful scenary.

Quote:
Do you like to jog, hike or bike? .
Unless it's a vacation, the gym is my 3 in 1.

Quote:
Check this out something, maybe seeing some parks / terrain and lush green will change your mind

MountainBikeTx.com | Texas trails | Region 2 - Prairies & Lakes .
Looks nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 08:56 PM

463 posts, read 1,210,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Ah heck, I move every chance I get. New place, new things, new adventure. People back home get kinda boring, same ol thing every day, same ol sad song.

There's always someone looking for a fresh face to brighten their spirits. Let 'em see yours.
Exactly! We think just alike!

Moving to a new place (sometimes) creates a new sense of zest. Even if it's just a new area of town...Doing the same mediocre routines can get pretty boring, pretty quickly.

Moving is good

Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM

20,390 posts, read 37,702,114 times
Not really. If that were the case, then everyone would be miserable, or happy, in the same places and circumstances. It's how you REACT to the external circumstances that determines whether you're happy or unhappy. That's internal.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM

15,847 posts, read 30,273,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
I just had to say that after writing a new thread and really thinking about this move I am just so damn angry about moving and everything that has happened.

I left Miami area from all my friends and networking I had established only to come to a place where I dont know a single soul. I am so resentful about it.

And now while Im here frustrated about this stupid move there's a party going on back home.

I just cant wait to get out of here...Sometimes we get complacent with the way things are going in one place; but then we get bored and go someplace completely different and resent it.

Ugh
Start your own party. Chances are the people back home haven't even noticed you aren't there. Life goes on. Once you make up your mind to LOVE where you are. As long as you are mired in the past, you will never be able to accept the present or look forward to the future.

There are great people in Texas too! Resolve yourself to turn your here and now into peace, love and happiness.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 PM

486 posts, read 882,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
I just had to say that after writing a new thread and really thinking about this move I am just so damn angry about moving and everything that has happened.

I left Miami area from all my friends and networking I had established only to come to a place where I dont know a single soul. I am so resentful about it.

And now while Im here frustrated about this stupid move there's a party going on back home.

I just cant wait to get out of here...Sometimes we get complacent with the way things are going in one place; but then we get bored and go someplace completely different and resent it.

Ugh
Give it at least a year before you leave. I left my hometown to move to Dallas. Then I got homesick and wondered why I was even there. I moved back home and I regretted it as soon as I pulled back into the city. I suggest at least giving it a year before you decide to leave. There was a reason you left Miami....

Old 09-12-2008, 03:21 PM

8,710 posts, read 10,383,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
Give it at least a year before you leave. I left my hometown to move to Dallas. Then I got homesick and wondered why I was even there. I moved back home and I regretted it as soon as I pulled back into the city. I suggest at least giving it a year before you decide to leave. There was a reason you left Miami....
I have heard this many times too. I moved from MI to NV 4 wks ago. So different at first. Not sure I can handle the change, but I am slowly getting use to it. I love the heat, but I can see where people get bored of it, especially when you have had 4 seasons all your life.

I have already made my reservations to go back for Christmas for two weeks and after I did it I thought, "what the heck am I going to do for 2 weeks there?" I do have all my family, but sometimes one week can do justice there!!

Seriously, if I had all my kids here, the only thing I would miss is my extended family. Not MI, it is but a place. And I can visit.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:26 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,188,147 times
I didn't state were we moved because just because I don't like it doesn't mean people from there would differ. I think it all depends on the kind of person you are. I love to get involved in things that I feel strongly about and you can do that anywhere. I don't really see myself as a adventure person. I'm a strong beliver in family and having the time together. Yes this move means a better job and with a family that is inportant. But when you leave all behind and everything is different it shakes the core from you. For some that isn't a big deal. I know that I have to make the best of it. But this isn't home .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or