U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM

175 posts, read 390,487 times

Advertisements

There are some aspects to this. Moving away and missing it. I know what you mean because it's happening to me.

However, I would recommend giving it a little longer. But I've never had the case where I didn't like it right from the start. I moved from a big city to a small town and now moving back to a bigger city. The first year I liked it here in the small ski town. The second year I did not like it here. However, I gave it another year. I still don't like it and I'm getting out. I stuck with it as long as I could but then I knew that I just need to move.

So, it has a lot to do with how long you can stick it out. Talk it over with your husband and try to logically disperse the thoughts. If you keep living there and you don't like it after time, then it's probably a good idea to move. It may even be good to move now. It's up to you and your husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 06:37 PM

82 posts, read 281,455 times
I play tennis so I understand about the tennis situation problem. Tennis provides so many benefits for someone. Would you mind letting me know about your age? I am thinking that if I know a little more about you and your game, I might be able to give you a tennis pro contact in San Diego who would be a good resource. You can send me a direct message or let me know through the thread-either way.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 PM

454 posts, read 539,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
Moving away from everything you know is even harder. It's okay to be sad and to grieve for what you left behind. Just don't grieve so long that you miss all the wonderful opportunities right in your own backyard. You can still visit friends and family and they are only a phone call way?
I've been homesick now for 16 months and even though going back isn't in the horizon...there are things I still think about every single day, the way things used to be. I even had 2 friends back home beg and offer me their places, but I turned it down because I didn't want to ruin the friendship by becoming roommates.

The friendship drifted apart anyway...Most of my friends back home have drifted away, "time makes the heart grow fonder" but "out of sight, out of mind".

16 months later, I still haven't maintained a 'real' a social circle.

I think alot of it has to do with how you were bought up. I didnt visit here as a kid and have lil memories. I came here when I was 20, when I was established (but unstable) so it shook things up quite a bit. I 'dragged' myself out here basically.

I find that traveling is a good way to cope. Then you get so used to not having that 'circle' around, and see it as just another destination amongst several destinations...even if you're there for a year or 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues