U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2007, 09:23 PM

14,468 posts, read 15,792,166 times

Advertisements

where are you now and why are you leaving?. This forum is great because we can all share different ideas. I am looking to get back to a real city someday soon. Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!

sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 10:18 PM

19,488 posts, read 50,764,293 times
Funny, I was in TN and couldnt wait to get out of that horrid place. I packed up house and home only after 6 months of living there. Im currently back home and enjoying every waking minute of it.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 PM

lol. I am in the NE part right now. {For THIS year} so what did you not like about it? I figure I am 13 hours by car to NYC-on days when I start to panic-lol.

sunny

Old 02-19-2007, 10:14 AM

1,688 posts, read 2,146,542 times
I'm moving to Tucson in the fall from the Jersey Shore, where I've lived my whole life. I'm going there primarily for school, but I've been wanting to leave here ever since I was a teenager and I saw that there was more to the world than this place. I always let myself get talked out of it, then I got married, and that kept me tied to the area for a while longer. Now that I'm divorced, I'm finally doing it. I'm bored with this area, and I figure that as long as I don't make the move, I'll always wonder "what if I had the nerve to make the move?"

Old 02-19-2007, 02:46 PM

13,328 posts, read 30,046,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I figure that as long as I don't make the move, I'll always wonder "what if I had the nerve to make the move?"
I can relate to that.
We moved here from Colorado in fall of '05. Less than a year later, the husband got laid off. It was a blow, but that's the way it goes sometimes. We could have stayed safe and sound in Denver, but we were ready for a change.
Now we are looking to move to the northeast coast of Florida; the husband is already working over there. I am antsy to leave, even though it is beautiful.
Our younger son and I remain until he graduates from high school in May.
After that, we're outa here.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:06 PM

5,910 posts, read 14,788,516 times
I am so anxious for our relocation! We are in NJ and are moving to Missouri, somewhere from this July - September. We hope to set a more definite date in the next 2-3 weeks. We are moving because of job opportunity, affordable housing, lower cost of living, and a slightly slower pace of life. We are so excited!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 PM

Thumbs up change~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I can relate to that.
We moved here from Colorado in fall of '05. Less than a year later, the husband got laid off. It was a blow, but that's the way it goes sometimes. We could have stayed safe and sound in Denver, but we were ready for a change.
Now we are looking to move to the northeast coast of Florida; the husband is already working over there. I am antsy to leave, even though it is beautiful.
Our younger son and I remain until he graduates from high school in May.
After that, we're outa here.
Yes- there is that excitement of being in a new place. I have learned alot from traveling, and you do see how life is different for everyone~relocating can be scary, but we only get one chance in life~~~sunny

Old 02-19-2007, 09:56 PM

8,468 posts, read 16,340,433 times
By the way, what's wrong with Tennessee?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:05 PM

19,488 posts, read 50,764,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
By the way, what's wrong with Tennessee?
The scenery was nice, that was about it. Ill leave it at that. LOL Guess I was spoiled growing up in Chicago's suburbs my whole life. TN was like another planet. Nothing to do, no good shopping, horrid food, bad schools, high crime, horrid heat, etc, etc. Im just glad to be back here.

With that being said, TN is a GREAT place to vacation, particularly East TN, out near the Smokies and Gatlinburg.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 AM

719 posts, read 2,041,659 times
It'll be about 6 years for my wife and I to relocate. Have to wait till my youngest is 18 (support and visitation issue) otherwise I would leave Southern Californexico now. Probably better off waiting also, with the housing slump like it is here. Wait for it to go back up.
Looking at MT, WY, and the ID panhandle for possible areas. Neither of us are big sun people. We much prefer cooler weather. Need acreage for our horses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues