Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 07:36 PM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

We ARE moving!! Wife was laid off two weeks ago and I'm still unemployed after a year! Our original plan (before the lay off) was to move to FL in Feb so we wouldn't have to pay for NC 2009 registration plus the State registration tax bill that would be sent to us two month later. Neither of us have jobs lined up in FL, but with my wife's degree/experience, she shouldn't have a problem AND I've found some jobs there for me......OUTSTANDING!! We just need to get out of this cold weather here and get to some warmer Florida weather for my hip and shoulder. Economy? We just can't wait for the economy to get better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 11:32 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
I want to move home to TX, but with the current economic situation we can't sell our house. Since our current house isn't selling I've had to put off the move and stick it out in this miserably cold place.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
In summer of 2007, living in Parker, CO and wanting to move, our house was getting some "lookie-lews", but no offers. We reduced the price and finally got an offer. We wanted to get out of CO before the snow started flying again, so we took the offer but sure didn't make much on the sale. BUT, at least we were able to move! Trying to sell a house can REALLY put people in a "holding" mode that can make the owners mad. All we wanted to do, besides get out before winter hit, was to get out of the monthly mortgage payments and other bills relating to the house......and we did it! Finally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I want to move home to TX, but with the current economic situation we can't sell our house. Since our current house isn't selling I've had to put off the move and stick it out in this miserably cold place.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
HKB

221 posts, read 802,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Funny... my wife and I want to move to Rochester MN, but we've been unable to sell our house in the Twin Cities thus far.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:46 AM

295 posts, read 1,179,208 times
Our lease is up in June 2009 and we are so out of Oregon and going back to Texas. I'm going to try to line up a job before I go but if it doesn't happnen, I'm not going to freak out too bad. Just need to get out of here and get back home!

Old 11-30-2008, 05:22 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
I can't sell my house so I'm stuck in GA and unemployed. I had planned on moving back to the NW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues