Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:39 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
i was able to talk to the landlord yesterday. he said if i can find a replacement i can leave... so i already put up ads.

thanks a lot for your kind words everybody!
Good luck. Think about what incentive(s) that you can offer to be competitive over nearby rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 12:39 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
i was able to talk to the landlord yesterday. he said if i can find a replacement i can leave... so i already put up ads.

thanks a lot for your kind words everybody!
GREAT NEWS!

Don't forget to put an ad on this link.....lots of people use it.
north jersey sublets & temporary classifieds - craigslist

(hopefully they will never find this thread......... )

Old 01-18-2009, 04:06 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,032 times
Quote:
So I just moved into my new place in NJ after being transferred from Miami. And I'm miserable. To make the whole transfer quick I already started looking for places while I was still in Miami. I found what looked like a nice place in the pictures, talked to the landlord who sounded friendly (and actually is from what I can tell since being up here) and signed a lease til the end of august... yes you got that right. i signed a lease without actually seeing the place...

so i'm sitting here in my room with all my furniture and my stuff still in boxes etc. the house is dirty, smells bad and half the lights aren't working. it's freezing and i can't find a way to turn the heat on. i'd like to just get in my car and never come back to this place...

i learned from this huge, big mistake... never sign a lease for a place you have never seen in person.

i just hope i can talk to the landlord tomorrow and get out of the lease asap
are you sure you are not in pennsylvania?

i just moved here from siesta key and i am experiencing the same thing----get ready for rudeness,bad driving,and poor customer service

Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 AM

854 posts, read 2,862,322 times
My landlord apologized for the state the kitchen etc is in and bought all kinds of cleaning supplies, he tore apart half the kitchen and I helped him clean up. We had a good talk

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,979,764 times
Sounds like you have a great landlord -- that's half the battle when you've been plopped into an "interesting" new life.

Hope things are getting better for you! Keep us updated!

Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
Glad to hear things got a little better for you.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,496 times
If it is a good, safe area to live I would stay. Your landlord is taking responsibility and pretty much anything can be cleaned or fixed. For me safety comes first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues