U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Your Personality Type Affect Your Move?
I'm a Type A that moved to a predominantly Type A city 0 0%
I'm a Type B that moved to a predominantly Type B city 2 11.11%
I'm a little of Type A and Type B and moved to a Type A City 3 16.67%
I'm a little of Type A and Type B and moved to a Type B City 3 16.67%
I Don't Know What Type I am But I love where I moved to 4 22.22%
I Don't Know What Type I am But I hate where I moved to 6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:45 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,728,337 times

Advertisements

I'm a Type A and husband is a Type B. I'd say we are in a Type B area which is ok with me. I don't like crowded cities where everyone is always in a hurry, lots of traffic and just tooooo many people. I am working on becoming a Type B LOL if that's possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 AM

635 posts, read 1,524,108 times
I'm a Type A and my DH is a Type B and we moved to a Type B city. I almost pulled my hair out the first year here. Things are very different. Even different from Texas where I live for almost 2 years. Not good or bad just different. I came not trying to change anything (as if that's possible anyway) but ... moving to a smallER area where people are not so receptive to new things sometimes makes them think that's what you are going to try to do when you move there ... change things. So, I went through the fire this last year and half and while there are things I do like for all the reasons other posters stated above plus some, there are the minuses.

All in all, I think the biggest challenge for me is learning the hidden language that exists here - learning the common language of the area. Just because most of us speak English doesn't mean we are always 'hearing' what's actually being said. Imho, if someone looks too different from what someone else is used to, they aren't hearing too awful much of what that person is saying. So, I'm still learning, but at least I'm open to learning.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,412,963 times
I absolutely love where my family moved to. I get very nervous and become very shy in new places...but this place i felt none of that. I feel this place is home..even from where i grew up.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:18 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,472,426 times
I'm a clear type B. I lived for years in a type A place that got more and more intollerable. Now I've moved to a quiet, secure and peaceful type B place. Nobody ever would convince me to go back to socal. I would love to convince the relatives to follow too.

I wish I would have found the courage to leave behind all that was familiar and go to a place I wanted to be a long time ago. I'd encourage anyone who is teeting on the brink to take back your life and make the move.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM

5,640 posts, read 17,281,091 times
I used to love it, like the neighborhood and other neighbors, unfortunately my one NDN has ruined it for us and shown himself to be a sociopath who is on a personal quest of hatred against us. Would love to move.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:47 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,756,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
I used to love it, like the neighborhood and other neighbors, unfortunately my one NDN has ruined it for us and shown himself to be a sociopath who is on a personal quest of hatred against us. Would love to move.
I THINK HER SISTER JUST MOVED NEXT DOOR TO ME----IN JUST 2 DAYS,I'M COUNTING DOWN TO THE END OF MY LEASE

Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 AM

I gotta ask, what (or who) is "NDN"?

Last edited by justhere; 03-07-2009 at 11:11 AM..

Old 03-07-2009, 05:08 PM

747 posts, read 1,557,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justhere View Post
I gotta ask, what (or who) is "NDN"?
Next door neighbor. It took me a minute too. I'm still trying to get used to the short versions. See; I'm really getting old.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:30 AM

Oh, ok! Duh... thanks Blue.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 AM

665 posts, read 1,745,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I'm a type A born and raised on Long Island in NY. Now I live in the rural mountains of east TN. At first it was a "big" culture shock. They actually close stores on Wednesday's here because it is a church day. I have adjusted and learned to love my area. I have no desire to change it. Maybe just clean it up a bit, lol. Tn will always be home for me.

I am very thankful for where and how I was raised but you couldn't pay me enough to live in that stressful rat race again(although I do miss the food).
Lisa, I was raised in N.Jersey, moved to S. Jersey, and now in East Tn too. It was a schock for me too. Sept. will be 2 yrs ,it has taken me time to adjust, but now, I would NEVER go back!I love the mnt views, I love looking over at Clinch mnt lookout! It is beautiful in TN isn't it? P.S. love looking at your photos!I give you much credit! Your home views are breathtaking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues