U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,391,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilover70 View Post
I am in NY state about 1 1/2 hrs above NYC. I absolutely am miserable here. I am a native Californian Girl and man oh man I need to go back. We moved here becasue my husband was out of work and was offered a job here. Luckily we still own our house in Sacramento. I am originally from the Santa Rosa Area and I so desperatley need to go home.My husband is now out of work and we cannot move until our house is up for lease renewal in December. Every summer we go to Lake Tahoe and that is my renewing spot.I feel refreshed and like I've just had a tune up while I am there. Have you been there? Beautiful . And the best part...You can drive back home and get AWAY from the snow. AAAAAAAAAh California.
Ah, see. That's why I'm intrigued by Sacramento area. The wineries, Lake Tahoe, and all those trees. Who knew that I'd come to long for trees so much. Curious, when you lived in Sacramento, how far is it to the beach? Do people who live there go to beaches on the north of San Fran area, or the south? Please tell me more about Sacramento!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 02:41 PM

3,054 posts, read 5,218,783 times
dreamofmonterey , I am sure that whereever You decide to move to, that city/county will be improved with your presence. Personally, I'd look for good weather year round!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:02 AM

138 posts, read 445,643 times
There are beaches along the rivers that run through Sacramento but my favorite place to go is Lake Tahoe.It is the most peaceful ,beautiful area ever.The coast that I usually go to is out the Bodega Bay way because I grew up near there and my mom still lives there. It is cold and foggy most of the summertime but can be clear in the fall or late spring.It is about 2 1/2 hrs from Sac. Lake Tahoe is about 1 1/2 hrs away .Everything is near Sac and that traditionally has always been its only claim to fame..."Near everything" .The town does have its own charm and personality as all big cities do.It is a big city with still a small city feel.I lived in the Pocket neighborhood which runs along the Sacramento River.In fact the home I still own there is across the street from a park that is along the rivers edge.Most folks do not swim in it but they boat ,jet ski and fish. I am getting SOOOOO homesick just talking about it ....I will be home soon but not quite soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or