U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM

5,019 posts, read 12,717,866 times

Advertisements

Yes/No Truck. Sticker (Bumper) - CafePress

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 12:08 PM

761 posts, read 3,033,551 times
I recently helped a buddy move, no big deal... We had to move our stuff into storage for a short period and he ******* and moaned the whole damn time. When it came time to move everything out of storage, I didn't even call him, more food and beer for the guys that came and actually just did the job instead of ***** about it.

Moving Sucks

Old 07-30-2009, 05:12 PM

753 posts, read 2,217,064 times
So last year my friends bought a house. They had problems with the closing. So on wed I would call, and yes they are closing on friday and will move that weekend. They gave notice to the landlord. Didn't close. Next wed, ok yes we are closing. Didn't close. Third wed, same thing. So finally the 4th fri they actually closed! But no one could help them move and the very patient landlord said they must go because the new renter was moving in the following weekend - she had also postponed her apartment. So basically everyone was mad, even though it wasn't their fault, but the were holding everything up. And it screwed up 4 weekends for me.

So I go over to help them move. They lived in a second floor apartment, but there was also the equivalent of a flight of stair outside! Guess what? It was 90 degrees outside and I was the only one helping!!!! So all day in this god awful heat I am helping Mike carry out dressers and what not while Katy is carrying boxes. I wanted to kill someone! It was soooo hot! Good thing I had been working out all summer. I was the only one not sore the next day. And PS, I am a female! I know Mike felt so stupid having a girl help him carry out furniture!

Eventually his 60 year old bar buddy showed up. But he did nothing but complain and I was seriously afraid he was going to have heart attack! Then arounf 9pm some other buddies got off work and came over to get the pool table - cause I sure as hell wasn't carrying that slate!

Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,294,487 times
I had friends nicely offer to help me move but I'm sure they don't actually want to help. I told them we all have old knees and so we're paying movers.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:38 PM

9 posts, read 31,023 times
I’m moving out of state in 3 weeks. As soon as my friends and family found out most of them asked what day they should come over to help pack up our moving truck. My family offered to take us out for breakfast the next morning, and my friends offered to take us out to dinner that night. We are also on the 3rd floor. I guess I’m just really lucky to have such great family and friends, they will really be missed! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues