Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2006, 05:59 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,237 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I'm moving from Putnam County to North Carolina next month. Has anyone made this move that can reccomend a reliable, reputable mover? Any horror stories with a particular mover, any to avoid, etc...? I'm only taking about a dozen pieces of furniture, but I do have alot of boxes (lots of collectibles included with the usual house stuff) & a motorcycle. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!!

BxRosie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2006, 07:06 PM

944 posts, read 3,848,020 times
WITH NO HESITATION I recommend U-Pack. They drop off either a container or truck, you pack it, they pick it up and deliver. We paid them extra money to hold it for 30 days (we didn't have a place yet).

I can't tell you how much better this is than moving/driving your own stuff. Put your stuff in a big box, drive yourself and whoever else to your new home, receive bog box, unpack, done.

We went from Upstate NY to Florida. I co go on forever about the details - just give them a call and check it out.

I have no affiliation or vested interest in this company, I am simply satisfied with how it all worked out.

If you've ever driven a rickety you-know-who-haul truck (which sometimes aren't there despite a reservation!) than you will be even more amazed.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:06 PM

161 posts, read 1,049,445 times
My moving guy moved me to Syracuse, He move my sister, mother and freind to South Carolina. He is as nutty as they come but he has great prices and no nonsense, bare in mind it is a notoriously dirty business, this guy is real stand-up and honest. He was careful and nothing got damaged at all, real professional. If you are interested I will look for his info. My sister was getting prices as high as 25 to 30 grand he did them for 6gs. My move cost about $4,500. Let me know. Glen

Old 07-21-2006, 06:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,026 times
Default Idaho to Ithaca

Did you find the info on this guy and are they coast to coast? I sure would love to find someone reliable and at a reasonable cost. I moved from MASS to ID with Allied Van Lines and have boxes missing, medication from our cabinets gone........, yes, it is quite a profession and their employees have a lot to be desired.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 PM

161 posts, read 1,049,445 times
BxRosie, I don't know if he goes east coast to west coast, but I'm positive he goes to the Carolinas. His name is Ed Chrabalowski and his number is 516 790-3923 or 516 481-0849. He just moved me to Syracuse and there was no problems. I don't know him personally but he came highly recommended. He's a bit of a joker, so have a sense of humor with him. He did a great job, we boxed, he moved. His company is the same as his last name, they have some real big trucks and they move quickly. Good luck Glen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues