Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM

65 posts, read 235,969 times

Advertisements

Not sure where to post a topic like this.

To the question, What are the best ways of finding and being hired in another state when you do not live there. Before i move to another state i would love to have a job in line so i know i have one big job done before i even get to the new state,as i know there is a ton of items that has to be done when moving to another state.So im looking for help on how to find and be hired in a state before i move there. Sadly my job will not be in any help,.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:46 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,474 times
Network with friends, family, church, your current job (co-workers, family, etc).

Find and be hired in a state w/o being there....well, I think you'd have to go a few times for interviews at least. So while you are there, just look around for jobs.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:40 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowling Nut View Post
Not sure where to post a topic like this.

To the question, What are the best ways of finding and being hired in another state when you do not live there. Before i move to another state i would love to have a job in line so i know i have one big job done before i even get to the new state,as i know there is a ton of items that has to be done when moving to another state.So im looking for help on how to find and be hired in a state before i move there. Sadly my job will not be in any help,.

What kind of job do you do know?
Do you have a degree?
What are you looking for specifically?

Old 11-25-2009, 05:55 PM

I work at a machine shop/warehouse and jobs in that line,Light construction work,maintenance

No college,unable to afford college

Well your last question is a good one, I a type of person who always willing to learn something new. So looking for a new job/career is fairly large opening,I'm willing to learn new trades and always looking to better myself. So just about anything where i can learn something new and be good at the job and be productive,im willing to try it once.

Thanks

Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 PM

333 posts, read 1,021,883 times
best bet if you're not a Nurse or something highly sought after would be to use someone's address....do you have friends or family in the area? Otherwise, you're probably going to get passed over for local applicants

Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
Very discouraging...I must say...Kind of in the same situation...I am currently an Executive Assistant looking to relocate to another state by YE of 2010..however how are you to secure employment if you are passed over for local candidates.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:04 PM

I have a fairly strong chance in landing the same type of work i do now,in another state as i have enough skills and experience that should allow me to find a job in my trade now,My only concern is that it may not allow me to make enough money to live in another state,however if i can get hired on before i get down to where ever im going, (Still toss up between Huntsville AL,Houston TX,Fort Worth area) It hopefully should at least allow me to get settled in and then be able to look for something better,thanks guys.

Yea It has to be one of the toughest deal's about relocating.I for one would love to have a job inline before i move,but i know that is very hard as like you said they pass over out of state apps which makes it hard,But Im going to try anyway,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues