U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:33 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,174,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I had no desire whatsoever to return to Ohio and said I would never go back to Washington, but guess where I am now? Exactly, Washington, however this time I have a good job. But, I am not happy. I want to go back to Florida, or either I want to move to Arizona because I have very bad osteoarthritis in my knees and damaged cartilage and am one step short of knee replacements. I ask myself everyday 'what have I done?' Am I a complete moron?
I dunno,something sometimes keeps drawing us back. An evil magnet of some sort perhaps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,650,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I dunno,something sometimes keeps drawing us back. An evil magnet of some sort perhaps
I sure wish that evil magnet would go away...I am getting too old for this

Old 11-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I sure wish that evil magnet would go away...I am getting too old for this
Or perhaps you're just becoming addicted to change like some of us

Old 11-11-2007, 03:25 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,650,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Or perhaps you're just becoming addicted to change like some of us
Is there anything wrong with that? My boyfriend tells me that I don't know where I wanna be and that I am unhappy no matter where I am. He says I am just miserable. But, I dont think so, I just want to find a place where I am happy and employed doing something I am happy doing. I cannot seem to get the two things together.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:40 PM

453 posts, read 1,437,036 times
I packed up 2 years ago, left a small town in IL and moved to AZ. I hate it here. People are rude, everything is expensive, and the weather unbearable in the summer. I live in a small town and my son loves it here. I am ready to move again.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Is there anything wrong with that? My boyfriend tells me that I don't know where I wanna be and that I am unhappy no matter where I am. He says I am just miserable. But, I dont think so, I just want to find a place where I am happy and employed doing something I am happy doing. I cannot seem to get the two things together.
Heck I'd just be happy in a place where I can be happy,the employed can come later That's probably where I got it from,when I first left the rat race of the north and went to VA I was surprised at the difference in pay but I eventually got used to it. Heck right now I make about as much back north as I did there so why even be here? I was happier there.
By the way are you an Aries by chance? We're known for always staying on the hunt

Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM

107 posts, read 199,784 times
Default Me Too!

I am so glad I found this site yesterday and this thread today. I've just spent the last hour reading each post!

Thanks to the original poster (so glad it worked out for you) and to all of the responses both good and bad you have helped me firm my decision to do the same. I have been contemplating a move from Texas (where I've been my whole life) to Maine for a few months. I'll be making my first trip there next week and am planning a move in the Spring. It will be a bit crazy. I'll be 37, widowed just over 4 years and with an 18 year old son who will not be moving with me. I won't know a soul and yet I literally yearn to be there. I feel like I can start my life over with a clean slate and leave some of the grief of my husbands death behind me. I anticipate it won't be the easiest thing I've ever done but WHY NOT?? Thanks....looking forward to any responses and I'll be sure to update soon :-)

Stacie

Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlcu View Post
I won't know a soul and yet I literally yearn to be there. I feel like I can start my life over with a clean slate and leave some of the grief of my husbands death behind me.
By the way that's how I explain to people justifying all of my moving,it's a great feeling when you can start new. They tell me I can't run away from problems but I say I can because being stuck somewhere is a big problem in itself

Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

663 posts, read 5,259,068 times
Yes, my husband and I packed up and moved from the midwest to Washington, DC last year. We wanted a change of scenery, so we found jobs and then moved. We did not know a single person in DC and we had never been to DC before, so it was definitely a big change. We love it here, but it is super expensive, so we can't stay here b/c we want to buy a house. But it's been a lot of fun and I am glad we did it.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:18 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,536,152 times
My wife and I were both transplants when we met in Miami and moved to 8 states in 2 years while I was training with a company. We just bought a condo on Daytona Beach and plan to move again when my youngest son graduates in 2 1/2 years. Its not like we can't visit when we want so we look foreward to moves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or