Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 PM

54 posts, read 85,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
what's the best way to do a 14 hr drive? i dont think i can drive more than 3-4 hrs a day
Not sure if you are trolling or not but i'd assume you are. Replying to a 5 year old thread and asking a question like this.

Assuming you are asking a serious question:

If you can't drive more than 3 hours during a day I would recommend flying I guess since the 14 hour drive would be 1 1/2 hours on a plane. I'm sure the short plane flight would be cheaper than getting a new hotel room after driving for 3 hours and doing that 5 times in a row to do a trip that most people could make in a day or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 AM

7 posts, read 17,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
I moved from NY two weeks ago and just received word from the professional movers I hired that they will be here by the end of this week. I also went from a one bedroom apt. to a two bedroom condo. I donated, sorted, tossed, and sold most of the stuff and it is still costing a small fortune to move. My car along with houshold is all on the same truck. Been extremely stressed out about this for months. I flew down with one small suitcase,laptop and one small dog.

Jannie, if you dont mind me asking, what moving co. did you use and how much did they charge, with the car included?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,404 times
When you have as many variable and questions as you do it can definitely be difficult to know that you landed on the right choice for your move.

I made the mistake years ago with not checking the price comparison for my move and wasted a ton of money in the process.

For my latest relocation a co-worker reffered moveBuddha: Compare Moving Prices
This is the only site with price comparisons for all possible options for any move without any inside influence from the moving industry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues