U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 09:17 AM

27,093 posts, read 5,892,953 times

Advertisements

What a big help....my neighbor spent hrs helping sort through donate/trash/keep items yesterday. Goodwill truck comes today. I find I get slowed down when I stop to remember the history of items, so just trying to go with my first gut feeling re donate or not.

Keep at it! There is an end in site-I'm told
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 PM

507 posts, read 792,949 times
Today I packed everything in my kitchen that I will not be using in the next two weeks. I think, I hope I am well over half way done!!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 AM

1,524 posts, read 3,459,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palenaka View Post
Today I packed everything in my kitchen that I will not be using in the next two weeks. I think, I hope I am well over half way done!!
Yay! Feels good doesn't it?

Today, it is slow at work, so I repriced some of the hotels I booked back in January. I found a better hotel for a better price in Coeur D'Alene, so I rebooked. I recalculated the route accordingly. I got my BB's MEID freed today, so I need to sell it.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 AM

Today, I put in my two weeks notice at work.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
Today, I put in my two weeks notice at work.
Congratulations and how exciting! You must be moving the same time I am. We load the truck on the 24th and drive on the 25th! Good luck and have a safe journey!

Oh well today was a long day. Gave my neighbor a large, heavy dresser and 5 bags of baby clothes. Packed I don't know how many boxes...just when you think you are done, it never ends lol

Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Congratulations and how exciting! You must be moving the same time I am.
Thanks! Some of my co-workers are actually jealous.

Yep, we are loading the ABF cube on Friday and Monday and then leaving on the 26th.
Quote:
just when you think you are done, it never ends lol
I know right. My daughter has her birthday on Saturday, so I hope people have enough sense not to give her large items, but we'll see.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM

124 posts, read 343,097 times
I decided I'm moving! I'll be doing a lot of stuff if I move in a month. I've got most everything packed, I just have to sell it!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Default 8 days to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwriting View Post
I decided I'm moving! I'll be doing a lot of stuff if I move in a month. I've got most everything packed, I just have to sell it!
Good luck! Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you. I was planning to move this summer and decided to move this month instead. No use prolonging the agony of packing! lol
Today, again, I packed several boxes. I keep thinking I am almost done. Where in the heck does all this stuff come from??? I really do think I am almost done! Making another trip to the grocery store for more apple boxes, it's a good thing we have about 7 grocery stores within a couple of miles. I did donated 5 bags of sweaters, sweat shirts and sweat pants to good will today as I won't be needing them in Arizona!

I also started getting quotes on auto insurance as I am moving to another state.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:59 AM

27 posts, read 33,992 times
We close on our house in less than a month so we have started packing a few things each day so it's not so overwhelming when it gets closer to the move date.

Last night I packed up 2 big boxes of clothes that youngest outgrew and delivered them to a friend.

I am looking over the different insurance quotes I've gotten for homeowners insurance and deciding on which company to go with.

We are going to the house during the pest inspection for another look around today at lunch time. I think I will do some measuring for the new bathroom that will go in the basement.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:15 PM

4,891 posts, read 9,300,494 times
Changed my cell phone from a NYC prefix to a Nevada one.
6 days left......and I'm o u t i e !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues