Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times

Advertisements

We found our new place today! A great rental house, we signed the lease, starts Jul 1, so we have about 3 weeks to get this show on the road! We plan to be out of here by then, and have this place listed. Now that we have a timeframe, the pieces are falling into place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 08:05 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Default Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Packed another (!) miscellaneous carton of master bedroom stuff. Topped off my first dishpack with some tupperware and sealed it up. Changed my address on-line for a couple places. Cancelled my newspaper. Entertained the couple who is buying my house as they brought her mother over to see it (she was only going to be in town this weekend). Took some pots and pans and an old TV (small) to the thrift store. Brought the TV home - "it's too old. We don't take 'dial' TVs." (one without a remote). Will put it out with bulky pickup stuff Monday. Bet it's gone before the truck makes it to my street. A week from today the movers come!
You seem to be really on track. Good luck with everything!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:16 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You seem to be really on track. Good luck with everything!
I'm ready to get it over with! I've done about as much as I can unless I want to quit eating at home and can pack the rest of the kitchen. Friday can't get here soon enough.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Default Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
We found our new place today! A great rental house, we signed the lease, starts Jul 1, so we have about 3 weeks to get this show on the road! We plan to be out of here by then, and have this place listed. Now that we have a timeframe, the pieces are falling into place!
You go girl! Great that you have gotten it all together and are on your way!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:37 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Oh wow. I thought we were going to have a space adjustment. We are going from 2800 sq. feet to 1400 sq. feet. I have no idea what I am going to do with all of my stuff.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:40 PM

Today bought some boxes at Costco---a pack of 25 boxex, is $50, includes tape, bubble wrap, labels. also, grabbed a lot of boxes for free.

Today we sort and prune for ouu upcoming garage sale, which is next weekend. I told ds he could keep all the proceeds if he does the grunt work, he's saving for a new bike, I said fair enough deal, every item sold is one less to pack and carry!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:52 PM

4 posts, read 6,288 times
We got a few boxes at Target today. I cleaned out the garage and the guest room so far today.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I'm ready to get it over with! I've done about as much as I can unless I want to quit eating at home and can pack the rest of the kitchen. Friday can't get here soon enough.
That's another issue, what to do with al the food we have in the pantry. We will have some odd combinations just to eat it up. tonight I had several cans of corn and tomatoes, sorta fried them up in olive oil, sounds weird but actually quite tasty. I refuse to pack foodstuffs because they're too heavy and difficult to store. I've tried in the past to take them to shelters, etc, they seem not to want them

Or, there's donation bins in some local stores, we might drop off unwanted food there, if we can't eat it all up. I wish I didn't find that sale at Costco for a lifetime's supply of corn

Old 06-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Also, I'm packing up my kitchen stuff, except for the really old, crummy stuff, which we will use until the day we leave, then make one last donation to Gooodwill............

now that the reality is hitting me, we're leaving our home of 11 years! I thought this would be our "forever" home, but it was not to be. Once again, I pack my life up in boxes and sally forth!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Default Food Pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
That's another issue, what to do with al the food we have in the pantry. We will have some odd combinations just to eat it up. tonight I had several cans of corn and tomatoes, sorta fried them up in olive oil, sounds weird but actually quite tasty. I refuse to pack foodstuffs because they're too heavy and difficult to store. I've tried in the past to take them to shelters, etc, they seem not to want them

Or, there's donation bins in some local stores, we might drop off unwanted food there, if we can't eat it all up. I wish I didn't find that sale at Costco for a lifetime's supply of corn
Lots of churches have drop off food pantries. Just go to the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues