Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 PM

375 posts, read 912,397 times

Advertisements

I know, doesn't that totally stink!!!!! It is very frustrating to see that the people who try to do the right thing just can't get a break!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 PM

32 posts, read 85,973 times
So sorry. That totally stinks. If it's 3 months try another agent? Perhaps get the opinion of a professional stager? I know you don't want advice but in this market the reality is either you don't have it priced right or it is not appealing to buyers. My husband just got a new job and we were transferred...house sold in 14 days. GL and hope it sells soon!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,998 times
well I was in your shoes for 18 months while we waited for our house to sell after my husband took a job out of state. Nearly 20% in price reductions later, the house finally sold. Trust me, you're just going to have to relax. It's a nightmare but it will eventually happen. 3 months is nothing nowadays.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 AM

178 posts, read 540,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhl View Post
As many of you know, the housing market is not great and I'm starting to panic that our house will never sell; it's been on the market for 3 months now. Are any of you in the same boat? How are you managing?
There's no magic solution for it, for sure. First you research and think about every possible option, and decide what you'll do if it comes to that. Consider the answers to basic questions such as how long will you/can you stay in the house to get it sold? Can you rent it for the price of your mortgage & taxes or close to it, etc.? If you can pretty much cover the mortgage by renting, that could be a very good option.

Bottom line is that you've got to just hang in there knowing that things will shake out eventually.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Going through the same thing. I am waiting for my house to sell but I need to move before school starts back up. I have anxiety because I am going through a divorce and far from family. I am in a military town and no one. I am going back to my hometown for the summer and hoping it will sell while I am away. It is a pain to sell the house while I am still living in it with 2 kids because everytime I have a showing...it's hurry up and clean, hide the dishes, throw the toys under the bed. I am ready to get it over with...

Old 06-15-2010, 10:23 AM

38 posts, read 58,929 times
How long is your house on the market? We just put ours up for sale and hope to get it sold in less than a year so we can get OUTTA here! :-) Remember it just takes one BUYER that wants YOUR house for a sale. Hang in there! I remember feeling desperate when trying to sell our townhouse years ago. We had listed it with an agent to get on the mls. It didn't sell! A few months later we did FSBO and it sold right away! Reason is the woman who bought it really wanted that development and and END unit. Hnag in there!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:40 AM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayStart View Post
How long is your house on the market? We just put ours up for sale and hope to get it sold in less than a year so we can get OUTTA here! :-) Remember it just takes one BUYER that wants YOUR house for a sale. Hang in there! I remember feeling desperate when trying to sell our townhouse years ago. We had listed it with an agent to get on the mls. It didn't sell! A few months later we did FSBO and it sold right away! Reason is the woman who bought it really wanted that development and and END unit. Hnag in there!
Lots of times properties placed on MLS just aren't shown. If a buyer flags a particular property, they have no choice but to show it, but even then will steer potential buyers away from it. reason being---commission. Agents will crawl all over the prime properties with the highest commission, even if it means splitting many ways, still more than a smaller commission.

I've listed properties then had people "shop" them, they were steered towards another property. Also, while buying, I've espressed interest in one property and been steered towards another. Its all about commission. Sometimes the seller pays an extra bonus to push their property, such as $500 to the agent that brings a buyer in 10 days, etc.

I'm considering doing FSBO myself, at least see what I can get, also, try Craig's List. The commission on this home would come to about $20000, that's a big chunk of change to hold onto!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:57 PM

43 posts, read 158,567 times
It took us a year and 4 months to sell our house. I was feeling the anxiety that you are during the first half of the year. Then I gave up hoping it would ever sell; but I still kept getting ready for showings. It was a horrible experience that I wont ever go through again. All I have to say is to relax and not worry because worrying will NOT sell your house faster!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:01 PM

43 posts, read 158,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Problem living in a house for sale, you want it to looked lived in/home. But hard to actually live in. If you can, you may have to move out and stage the house, rented or used furnature.
DONT DO THIS! Unless you want to pay two mortgages for an unknown amount of time until your house sells! This is how people fall into foreclosure... they cant wait to move so they do before their house sells and then they are stuck paying for two residences!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 12,565 times
We are moving from Western MA to Southeastern Indiana, our house here has been on the market 2 months, lots of showings, no offers...we already have a house in Indiana and begin paying that mortgage on July 1st....school is just getting out and we are a little stressed as well. Trying to figure out if I should move and take the kids since school starts earlier there than in MA, plus I have to start college there on August 10th as well....so so so much to think about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues