U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 AM

2,744 posts, read 2,840,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Um, Im a conservative and I never try to inforce my beliefs on others. On the other hand, many liberals tell me to hate Bush and keep it legal to kill babies.

1) Bush is no conservative. Paleoconservatives are very disappointed in the fact that he has made them (real conservatives) look bad.

2) Bush is in fact, a radical.

3) You should not support the man because he makes bad decisions, and does not listen to people who are experts. He has done a lot of harm for this country.

4) The abortion issue is an issue about splitting hairs and definitions and where the defining line is drawn. It all comes down to PERSONAL BELIEFS.
And trying to make something illegal, is about imposing YOUR personal beliefs into law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 AM

483 posts, read 1,909,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
No progressives shun people who try to impose their brand of religion upon other people because it is "the right" religion.
By 'impose' do you mean 'suggest', 'throw them in jail', or 'chop off their heads if they don't join'?

There are an amazing number of people who think religions which suggest politely are absolutely horrid, while those who chop off heads should be met with 'understanding' and
'tolerance'.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 AM

2,744 posts, read 2,840,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
By 'impose' do you mean 'suggest', 'throw them in jail', or 'chop off their heads if they don't join'?

There are an amazing number of people who think religions which suggest politely are absolutely horrid, while those who chop off heads should be met with 'understanding' and
'tolerance'.
Huh?

Impose as in push their beliefs down your throat relentlessly and try to legislate based on their unique beliefs that may not be your beliefs.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:29 AM

14 posts, read 43,156 times
I would also like to hear from people who have moved back to America after living abroad. I'm considering doing this, but worry about fitting into a conservative/religious city.

The other criteria I have is a city that is at least partially walkable, I would like to live somewhere that is walker friendly.

I'm also unable to post a new thread, any idea on how to do that? It says I'm allowed, yet I don't see where to do that.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:21 PM

5,069 posts, read 4,098,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Hmm, how so? Louisville has a larger city and urban area population than Nashville and Charlotte. metro area wise, Louisville is closer in size to Nasville than Raleigh:

Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All of those cities are midsized cities. If Nashville is a "big city," then so is Louisville and Richmond:
According to the latest U.S. Census data (2012):

Louisville MSA: 1,307,647
Nashville MSA: 1,726,693
Charlotte MSA: 2,296,569

Louisville CSA: 1,459,911
Nashville CSA: 1,845,799
Charlotte CSA: 2,454,619

*Note Nashville's CSA does not include the Clarksville, TN MSA which touches Nashville's northern most counties. The addition of Clarksville's MSA would add another 284,00 residents. With the adjustment, Nashville's CSA would be roughly 2,129,799. Louisville doesn't come close.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:14 PM

272 posts, read 300,426 times
Most definitely Asheville. Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill as well as Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or