U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which side is better?
West Side 40 43.01%
East Side 53 56.99%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 PM

4,852 posts, read 8,995,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The history on the East Coast is much more interesting... You can still see the houses they lived in 350 years ago, see where they worked, etc. The quaint little fishing towns here are so relaxing and nice.
That's why the East is so much better. This is where the U.S.A. was born. The Constitution was signed in Philadelphia NOT Portland, the world's financial centre is in NYC, and the centre of power is in D.C. The West Coast is often ignored. It's not even a safe region to live because of the isolation and the natural disasters. I got tired of driving through desert once I left the panhandle of TEXAS. I started wishing for the beauty and GREENERY of Upstate New York. Nothing in the West can compare to Upstate NY. The West Coast is too far from anything. Its just L.A. and S.F. NYC, Chicago, and Houston are the cities of the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 PM

115 posts, read 444,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
That's why the East is so much better. This is where the U.S.A. was born. The Constitution was signed in Philadelphia NOT Portland, the world's financial centre is in NYC, and the centre of power is in D.C. The West Coast is often ignored. It's not even a safe region to live because of the isolation and the natural disasters. I got tired of driving through desert once I left the panhandle of TEXAS. I started wishing for the beauty and GREENERY of Upstate New York. Nothing in the West can compare to Upstate NY. The West Coast is too far from anything. Its just L.A. and S.F. NYC, Chicago, and Houston are the cities of the East.
Houston a city of the east?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 PM

4,852 posts, read 8,995,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvedderbest View Post
Houston a city of the east?
Well it is east of the West Coast.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM

115 posts, read 444,168 times
And well west of the East Coast.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:47 PM

6,968 posts, read 14,097,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
SD is often voted one of the best cities to live in. BTW, Hawaii is in the west and Hawaii blows anywhere in the East away scenery wise and Honolulu has to be one of the best cities in the world. Alaska is in the west and they have the huge mountains. NorCal has the redwood forests. Where in the east coast during the winter can you go swimming in the ocean and a few hours later snowboarding or skiing. Then the next day you can go hiking up a mountain then jump in the car and go to Vegas. What's that...you don't have an answer...didn't think so.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 PM

94 posts, read 430,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Seriously. Whats with LA folks on these boards? Now Im starting to see where the other western states are coming from.... haha. Good frickin grief!

I LOVE the west coast, as well as the east coast. I made that blatantly obvious, in case you didnt read. Yes, the slight edge goes to the west coast for scenery, and the emphasis is on SLIGHT. Food? Who gives a rats **** about Mexican food? Thats pretty much what all of Cali consists of. BLECH. Its great from time to time, dont get me wrong, but who wants to eat that all the time? And the east coast has better seafood. And SoCal DOESNT have the best Mexican food, New Mexico does, FAR AND AWAY.

And Im sure most would take mosquitos over the scorpions,tarantulas, giant centipedes, rattlesnakes and black widows that call CA home, not to mention mountain lions. None of the "pests" on the East coast can put you 6 ft under.

Thats the quote of an ignoramous. The west coast has lots of good food, asian, mexican, south american, russian, czech, you probably just arn't thinking hard enough.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,731,751 times
That's VERY HARD to decide as both the east and west have strong attributes. Weather wise I will go with the west coast. Public Transportation is definitely better on the East Coast. Cutlure and diversity are balanced equally being the only difference (landscape) West Coast=More Sprawl
East Coast=More Density. Job Market better on the East Coast. Beaches are better on the West Coast. Really what we're talking about is NY vs CA as these are the main cities that encompass most of what people want. However, collectively they're both areas rich in culture and history. Just follow your passion no matter where you go.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM

94 posts, read 430,560 times
West Coast wins hands down. Thats why the rich and famous still flock to southern ca and hawaii. Find me one east coast view that beats the cliffside views of Santa Cruz, Or Santa Barbra.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM

6,968 posts, read 14,097,897 times
Santa Barbara is beautiful. That whole drive along PCH is impossible to beat no matter where you are. Nowhere else can you drive at the base of a mountain range and be staring at the ocean 20 yards away.

I never thought about the celebrity thing. You're right. Most of them do live here. And where did Harry Potter choose to do its first US premiere...LA. Where did the movie era start...LA. Who has better weather...west coast. Yes, we do have horrible public transportation, but that's the only thing we lose on.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:31 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,324,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKing59 View Post
west coast, so much nicer. the hills the nice cites, the east coast is just a crammed coast full of New Englanders looking for clam chowder.
Ha, yeah, right! East coast is so much nicer. The hills and the nice cities. the west coast is just full of stupid surfer kids looking for waves
(not really)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or