Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which side is better?
West Side 40 43.01%
East Side 53 56.99%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_r2z0 View Post
Ha, yeah, right! East coast is so much nicer. The hills and the nice cities. the west coast is just full of stupid surfer kids looking for waves
(not really)
east coast doesn't have any hills. we're talking about hills right on the ocean. the east coast doesn't have that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 PM

607 posts, read 2,980,374 times
the east coast, is nice, but alot of it is pretty dirty and over crowded. the west is my pick.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:14 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
East Coast...

All images are © Georgia Roessler

pics by Richard Bird

© E.Schütz
what are you talking about jessemh431?I'm pretty sure i see hills in these photos

Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 PM

i doubt there is anything like this on the east coast as this scenery can be found all the way from SD to Washington and up through Canada and down into Mexico.

all these pics i found on google:

Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM

sure its pretty nice in some areas on the WC, but look how much they have ruined the hillsides by building it up like that!

And to your original statement - ya, try to be a bit more friendly. But ya, we do have just a nice scenery, but you have to go inland a little

Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
sure its pretty nice in some areas on the WC, but look how much they have ruined the hillsides by building it up like that!

And to your original statement - ya, try to be a bit more friendly. But ya, we do have just a nice scenery, but you have to go inland a little
i do understand what your saying, but the immediate WC has more scenery than the immediate EC.

also, LA and SD and Vancouver are coastal cities and have mountains behind their skylines. i may be wrong, but i don't think there are any like that on the east coast.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
i do understand what your saying, but the immediate WC has more scenery than the immediate EC.

very correct

also, LA and SD and Vancouver are coastal cities and have mountains behind their skylines. i may be wrong, but i don't think there are any like that on the east coast.
your also right there. A few cities have hills behind them though - like New york

And one more thing - Don't get me wrong on the coast thing, I extremely like the West coast, it is very impressive, I like both coasts!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
And one more thing - Don't get me wrong on the coast thing, I extremely like the West coast, it is very impressive, I like both coasts!
ya i understand what you mean that both coasts are great. the east coast has the denseness and the american culture while the west coast has more scenery on the direct coastline.

so what are those hills/mountains in the background on NYC. i don't think i've ever seen them before. no offense but that can't really compare to Vancouver, Seattle, or LA in the winter, although Manhattan alone doesn't need anything to make the skyline beautiful

Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
West side for me. Big surprise, right? I've only lived here all of my life! I've been to the east coast before, and it has its own charm, but the west coast is awe-inspiring, beautiful, majestic, and so on. And it's "home".

Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Quote:
your also right there. A few cities have hills behind them though - like New york

The West for me, also. Those aren't comparable hills or mountains, but that is a wonderful picture of a city I don't even respect! Let's please keep the pics to a minimum on each post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.