U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which side is better?
West Side 40 43.01%
East Side 53 56.99%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:50 AM

37 posts, read 91,428 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity, but do they have seals or sea lions on the East Coast? Although it's a major tourist-trap, it's always fun to go down to The City and check out the locals at Pier 39, who can put on quite a show.

YouTube - Sea Lions at Pier 39
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 07:55 AM

1,196 posts, read 4,342,857 times
Quote:
I love swimming, and I found waters in NYC beaches to be warmer then those of San Diego.
And most people need a wet suit on the West Coast.
Going past Santa Barbara the water currents change, and the water temperature because colder dramatically.

BUT the weather is nicer, because of the cool ocean waters.
I will have to pick East Coast, because of the warmer swimming waters, plus I found there was more to do on the East Coast beaches when it comes for fun.
Just a personal pref.
Everyone is obsessed with the beach. There is more to each coast than the beach.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:52 AM

893 posts, read 2,520,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
Just out of curiosity, but do they have seals or sea lions on the East Coast? Although it's a major tourist-trap, it's always fun to go down to The City and check out the locals at Pier 39, who can put on quite a show.

YouTube - Sea Lions at Pier 39
Yes we do.

YouTube - "Bottling" Harbor Seal - Sleeping in Portland Harbor

Seal off of Maine.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:34 AM

303 posts, read 764,816 times
I like the West Coast and East Coast a lot, having traveled to both, though I do prefer the West side. Nicer scenery, better weather, my personality fits the West's laidbackitude best, and no risk of hurricanes. I know we have earthquakes on the West, but as a West side native, I have experienced them and am not as afraid of them as I am of thunderstorms. I've never experienced hurricanes so I don't know how I'd handle them, but earthquakes usually last no more than a few minutes, much less than tropical cyclones.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,550,430 times
You don't even have to check to know that someone from the West Coast had to have started this thread. Easterners don't concern themselves with questions like which coast is "better."

Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 AM

5,656 posts, read 7,458,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You don't even have to check to know that someone from the West Coast had to have started this thread. Easterners don't concern themselves with questions like which coast is "better."
Do you even read the forum? Easterners love to flaunt their cities and tell about how much "better" they are. It's not exclusive to the rest of the country.

Moving along...

Old 10-23-2008, 02:50 PM

521 posts, read 1,492,198 times
The West (obviously for me).
The weather alone is a killer factor. I hate the cold weather, hate the snow and hate everything that comes from it. I love the mentality that comes from living here as well. As opposed to the general urban life of the east, I love having my own house with a backyard and a swimming pool where I invite friends all the time to drink and have fun.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:28 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,329,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
too true

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Do you even read the forum? Easterners love to flaunt their cities and tell about how much "better" they are. It's not exclusive to the rest of the country.

Moving along...
Easterners bloat about their towns and cities, but not their coast, unlike people from the west coast. He's very right about knowing who started the thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or