U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which side is better?
West Side 40 43.01%
East Side 53 56.99%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 AM

6,984 posts, read 14,115,236 times

Advertisements

There has always been gang wars over which is better, West Coast or East Coast. Now, even plain old civilians are throwing the "W" in LA for "Wessuyeed". I don't know if they do that on the East Coast, but they do here.

I wanna know which side people think is better. All factors included: politics, population, scenery, "funness". Don't just choose that side because that's where you live.

MAKE SURE TO SAY WHY YOU CHOOSE THAT SIDE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 02:22 AM

1,134 posts, read 915,621 times
That's easy. The 'Best' coast. Not the 'Least' coast. The West coast is 'The Coast.' The east doesn't actually have a coast. That's why I said that! No, Dustin Hoffman from 'Tootsie', New York is not a coast too...

Old 06-22-2007, 08:26 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,726,252 times
East Coast. More history, more culture, more real, densely populated, beautiful scenery (obviously not like WC scenery but it's still nice), friendly people, and best of all--not prone to The Big One.

I still don't know where to move-LA or NYC. Both have their pluses.

And New York does have a coast. That's complete bull****.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:36 AM

823 posts, read 3,376,664 times
Jones Beach in NY is considered one of the finest in the country. Have you ever heard of Coney Island, Fire Island or The Hamptons?

Obviously I am a New Yorker but I do prefer the weather and laid back attitude of the West Coast. On the other hand because of overpriced housing, earth quakes, forest fires and mud slides I would never live there.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:07 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,726,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norm View Post
Jones Beach in NY is considered one of the finest in the country. Have you ever heard of Coney Island, Fire Island or The Hamptons?

Obviously I am a New Yorker but I do prefer the weather and laid back attitude of the West Coast. On the other hand because of overpriced housing, earth quakes, forest fires and mud slides I would never live there.
The Hamptons, NY, rich place.
Photos by Aaron Clark

Ira Rennert's house

Old 06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,874,187 times
East Coast. Definitely.

Having enjoyed the coast of Maine on more than one occasion, I have no idea what is meant by the statement "The east doesn't actually have a coast".

Old 06-22-2007, 06:03 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,331,876 times
hahahaha

the east coast dosn't have a coast!

hahaha that cracks me up haha

Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,914,308 times
East coast or west coast? They're too different honestly to be compared. The east coast comes from old money, whereas the west coast is more new money. I haven't been to the west coast so I can't speak for it but i certainly liked the east coast. The east coast I could say definitely is more diverse than the west coast.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:46 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,882,263 times
East coast, north of Palm beach Florida is better. Not only are the cities better, but the atlantic coast is a trailing edge of the continent, meaning it has a slightly sloping continental shelf with the ocean staying shallow furthur out. This, along with the gulf stream, makes the water warmer and better for swimming. It also means that it is not tectonically active so there won't be earthquakes there on the atlantic coast like the pacific where there are transform bouderies subject to stress, strain and break at any time causing earthquakes. However, there are hurricanes on the east coast. The beaches are also way better in the Carolinas, Jersey and Long Island and Cape Cod than they are on the west coast.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 AM

2,408 posts, read 13,367,918 times
I can't pick. I've lived most of my life on the East Coast and had a short stint on the West Coast. I love the people on the East Coast, but I love the weather and scenery on the West Coast. I need to find a place that combines the best of both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or