U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:51 AM

3,502 posts, read 2,961,811 times

This large Development is coming to the Downtown campus in Morgantown

Check out www.fallingrun.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 02:16 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,743,730 times
K?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM

404 posts, read 589,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post

This large Development is coming to the Downtown campus in Morgantown

Check out www.fallingrun.com

Chris, please don't embarrass us that are on here defending morgantown. The project you're linking was developed by the McCoy6 slumlords as a pipe dream to get no interest loans to build more crappy housing for students. Their wonderful plan will never come to fruition, and they've already accomplished their goal of leveling "the loop" neighborhood and built low cost, high priced apartments in its place. Now that McCoy6 has built their newest set of slums (MT Court anyone?), they're done. There will be no wonderful mixed residential/retail, no pedestrian mall. Nothing resembling that image will ever exist...

Keep this in mind the next time you want to vote for a Republican in WV. Likely that are part of the McCoy6 slumlord association in morgantown. Monty Warner is one of the 6....

Old 06-12-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
The Toyota factory in Lexington, Lexmark, and our thriving bourbon industry employ a lot of people too. Doesn't make it less boring. I do stand corrected though, coal doesn't have a big presence in Morgantown, but from what I saw of the place, you could never tell.

Man, you must have been rejected by some WV girl to be such a bitter, sad person. You sure to spend a whole lot of time online bashing WV for someone that doesn't really care. I'd hate for it to boil down to something so trivial as WVU destroying UK's best team in 10 years a few months ago...? hehe.

Anyways, please don't try to convince me that anything in Ohio or Michigan is great. You obviously have a hard-on for rust, so just stick with it and quit being so bitter about a place you have no knowledge of.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Man, you must have been rejected by some WV girl to be such a bitter, sad person. You sure to spend a whole lot of time online bashing WV for someone that doesn't really care. I'd hate for it to boil down to something so trivial as WVU destroying UK's best team in 10 years a few months ago...? hehe.

Anyways, please don't try to convince me that anything in Ohio or Michigan is great. You obviously have a hard-on for rust, so just stick with it and quit being so bitter about a place you have no knowledge of.
Rust over coal dust, buddy. We may be jobless but at least we're not dying of black-lung.

Also. WVU won one game, UK had the best record out of any team at the end, more wins than championship winning Duke. Also, WVU's record vs UK over the course of history is horrid. Ohio isn't all rust belt, neither is Michigan :S Either way, does WV even HAVE a tier 1 university aside from Marshall?
..and don't brag about Huntington, it's like eastern Kentucky on a massive scale, poor, redneck, down and out. That's the entire state of WV. I'm not saying WV is a bad place, hell, I like my guns and mountains... I'm just saying that the towns don't really offer anything that you can't find far better elsewhere.

Correction: We had the same amount of wins as Duke, but 2 fewer losses, as well as a much harder schedule.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:51 PM

So the truth comes out. You're a bitter basketball fan. Can you do the john wall dance? I can guarantee that he wouldn't associate with you, you're probably not a white *****. Since 90% of your team just went pro, your sleazeball of a coach just proved what BS it was to be a part of "Kentucky"

Keep making fun of WV to make your little world feel better. Trust me, I'm not dying of black lung, and many WV grads are doing just fine. Instead of indulging you by proving my financial worth, I think I'll just ignore posts by one who values themselves so highly on the academic reputations of institutions they were probably never admitted to.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 AM

3,502 posts, read 2,961,811 times
Hey Jesco---It seems you are the one with the problem

I haven't seen a possitive Reply you've made on the entire forum

you need to get a life

Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
So the truth comes out. You're a bitter basketball fan. Can you do the john wall dance? I can guarantee that he wouldn't associate with you, you're probably not a white *****. Since 90% of your team just went pro, your sleazeball of a coach just proved what BS it was to be a part of "Kentucky"

Keep making fun of WV to make your little world feel better. Trust me, I'm not dying of black lung, and many WV grads are doing just fine. Instead of indulging you by proving my financial worth, I think I'll just ignore posts by one who values themselves so highly on the academic reputations of institutions they were probably never admitted to.
Sorry bud, but our entire team has fewer recruiting violations than Kansas, Uconn, OR USC. Also, making a trip to the elite 8 while raising millions for charities across the country sure is sleezy!

Also, I'm not making fun of it.

One more thing, I REALLY don't care about UK basketball that much. I may have been harsh, but it's simply because I can't see the appeal. It's nothing personal. However the below quoted post seems to have some good advice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Hey Jesco---It seems you are the one with the problem

I haven't seen a possitive Reply you've made on the entire forum

you need to get a life

(To Jesco again)
...and when it comes down to it, academic reputations of schools DOES matter. An employer will far sooner hire a UMich grad than a UWV grad or an Illinois grad over a Kentucky grad.

May I ask where you went to school? ITT Tech? University of Phoenix? Nowheresville Community College?

Last edited by UKUKUK; 06-13-2010 at 08:42 AM..

Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 PM

1,681 posts, read 1,660,362 times
Best:
Burlington, VT
Athens, GA
Chapel Hill, NC
Lafayette, LA
San Marcos, TX
Denton, TX
Ann Arbor, MI
Fort Collins, CO
Berkley, CA
Lexington, KY

Worst:
College Station, TX (just one giant strip mall for the most part)
College Park, MD (ghetto)
Springfield, MO (too conservative for me, downtown seemed dead)
Boulder, CO (like the town but is too pretentious/stuffy)
Provo, UT (too conservative)

Last edited by diablo234; 09-25-2010 at 08:29 PM..

Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 AM

11,966 posts, read 11,474,857 times
[quote=TelecasterBlues;14550744]Y
And to break away from this argument:

Best:
1. Austin
2. Charlottesville
3. Columbus
4. Athens(GA)
5. Tuscaloosa
6. Madison
7. Ann Arbor
8. Berkeley
9. Bloomington
10. State College/Morgantown toss-up

Huh? You left out Boulder, Chapel Hill, Iowa City and Burlington,VT.
Maybe re-title as best that you've visited..??

Boulder, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chapel Hill, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Iowa City, Iowa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Burlington, Vermont - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.