U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,483 posts, read 10,474,947 times
Reputation: 5401

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Your opinion but does not change the Fact that Baltimore is below the Mason-Dixon which makes it a Southern City......
And so is Wilmington, DE and Cape May County, NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 4,230,797 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
St. Louis is definitely not Southern because it is part of the Mid-West but Baltimore/DC is in the South despite your defiant resistance to the reality that they are below the Mason-Dixon.........
Go ahead, hang on to that ancient line that wasn't even created to define the North and South to begin with, and that has no bearing whatsoever. the bottomline is, the Census Bureau says it's the boundary...that's the only fact we have. And obviously, even with everything else being contradictory evidence, it's a fact. If a doctor says you have a benign tumor, and it turns out to be malignant, I guess the tumor's benign according to you. You'll lose that battle ultimately, just like you're losing this one. I'll let you live in your fantasy world that I'm a Maryland-hating S.O.B. that just wants to ruin your day by telling you the truth. Truth is, I think you hate it more than me...because I love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2011, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 4,230,797 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
And so is Wilmington, DE and Cape May County, NJ
He's gonna give up eventually...all we have to do is realize he's cornered and won't concede defeat no matter how tight the screws are turned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,748 posts, read 6,152,030 times
Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
He's gonna give up eventually...all we have to do is realize he's cornered and won't concede defeat no matter how tight the screws are turned.
Smk8795 never gives up. He's been doing this since I joined this forum back in 09 ( I was under a different alias back then). He told me I didn't know anything about Maryland; I was born, raised, and currently live in Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,808,383 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
Go ahead, hang on to that ancient line that wasn't even created to define the North and South to begin with, and that has no bearing whatsoever. the bottomline is, the Census Bureau says it's the boundary...that's the only fact we have. And obviously, even with everything else being contradictory evidence, it's a fact. If a doctor says you have a benign tumor, and it turns out to be malignant, I guess the tumor's benign according to you. You'll lose that battle ultimately, just like you're losing this one. I'll let you live in your fantasy world that I'm a Maryland-hating S.O.B. that just wants to ruin your day by telling you the truth. Truth is, I think you hate it more than me...because I love it.
Hey take it up with these true Marylanders unlike yourself:

Is Baltimore a "northern" or "southern" city? - Baltimore Sun talk forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,808,383 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Smk8795 never gives up. He's been doing this since I joined this forum back in 09 ( I was under a different alias back then). He told me I didn't know anything about Maryland; I was born, raised, and currently live in Maryland.
I am from Maryland and I know its Southern...

Sorry if you have a problem accepting that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2011, 10:59 PM
 
Location: MIA/DC
1,190 posts, read 1,894,801 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
I am from Maryland and I know its Southern...
I agree with you and as does CelticGermanicPride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,748 posts, read 6,152,030 times
Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
I agree with you and as does CelticGermanicPride.
I disagree. culturally it isn't; demographically it isn't (Especially the Baltimore area), geographically it isn't ( not when Atlantic City, NJ is due east of Baltimore). Slavery was in all states up and down the eastern seaboard, Jim Crow started in the north, segregation was in the north:

Origins of "Jim Crow" Laws

The Segregated North

I got tired of the debate a long time ago, but those are my reason why I've always disagreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 AM
 
Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 4,230,797 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Hey take it up with these true Marylanders unlike yourself:

Is Baltimore a "northern" or "southern" city? - Baltimore Sun talk forum
Those are their opinions, and most of them are not based on overwhelming factual support from what I can tell, just like your's. There are such things as true Marylanders who can be wrong about their state. I guess that never occured to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 4,230,797 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
I agree with you and as does CelticGermanicPride.
Wow...I guess we have a new version of "The Three Stooges."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top