U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2010, 06:54 AM
 
507 posts, read 769,999 times
Reputation: 267

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
I had some Northern people treat me horribly before, let me proclaim them all a**holes then. I have heard Northern people say the N word, let me proclaim them all racists. In the chain restaurant my wife manages that has visits from people all over America she has been subjected to racist and derogatory remarks (not often, but it happens once in a while)... guess what, she doesn't get that type of treatment away from her job and we live in small town Mississippi. My wife is Belizean and of West Indian, East Indian, and Hispanic descent.

I have lived in the South my entire life, but the roughest, most racist people I have ever met were from Michigan. Do I think all people from Michigan are racists because of it? No, most rational people wouldn't.

Believe what you want, doesn't matter to me anymore if you want to be narrow-minded. This is NOT 1960.
True, looking at what they send to DC, its still 1860.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
1,070 posts, read 2,116,280 times
Reputation: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
True, looking at what they send to DC, its still 1860.
Is the title of this thread "Do you think the South sends enough to DC?"? No? Must be just another childish, mean spirited attempt to bash the South then. After all, why would you bring it up if it wasn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 AM
 
2,402 posts, read 3,579,784 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
One of you said.....

Why in the ringing bell hell should we Southerners should feel any reflexive need at all to be defensive about our history and heritage?

Surely, you can't be serious.....
I don't think there have been black chruch bombings or blacks being dragged by pickup trucks from their necks in Montana or Maine, now....hhm.
Are you serious?

There are thousands of black on white rapes every year, but hardly any white on black rapes. There are thousands of black on white murders, but very few of the reverse.

The left wing media does its best to villify white southerners, so they only report the few attacks on blacks by white southerners, while remaining silent of the massive numbers of attacks on whites, including southerners, by blacks.

For the record, look up the Knoxville murders, or how about the incident in Kansas where a white child was drug to its death by a black. Perhaps look up the blatant lies of the "Jenna 6" and how the media connected two unrelated events together as in to get the public behind the thugs. You probably don't know of it because the left wing media is biased, and wants to villify an entire region and race.

Regarding the black church bombings, blacks committed a majority of the bombings, only to garner sympathy, in my best estimation. The same way blacks often are found to have been the ones to have vandalized the neighborhood with the writings of kkk, or the way a Jewish coed typed up a letter and placed it on her door to garner sympathy. How about the likes of John Lewis and company claiming that they were called a racial slur amongst the tea party crowd, with no evidence to purport such, or David Scott, a representative from Georgia, lying and claiming that his office was being vandalized by haters, when all likelihood someone he knows likely did it to garner sympathy and support for the man after he showed he didn't care for his constituents in regard to their health care bill concerns.

Are you that clueless?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
 
2,402 posts, read 3,579,784 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
True, looking at what they send to DC, its still 1860.
Please explain?

Do you support the Founding Fathers and the documents of the bill of rights, as well as the points of the separation of powers, and powers delegated to the states not specifically dedicated to the federal government?

If not, I understand where you are coming from.

However, if you were a true Constitutionalist, who understands the Constitution, and who understands policies being pushed are not of American ideals, but are more in line with a socialist state, then you wouldn't say as you do.

For the most part, most southern politicians, minus the democrats, are more in line with the Constitution.

What southern politicians do you specifically disagree with, and why?

By the way, there are a number of non-southern consitutionalists, or those more in line with traditional values, which is a good thing, so if you're going to throw stones, you haven't a reason to do so. To do so, would be to argue that you hate everything that America is supposed to stand for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in the universe
2,161 posts, read 3,988,881 times
Reputation: 1434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Are you serious?

There are thousands of black on white rapes every year, but hardly any white on black rapes. There are thousands of black on white murders, but very few of the reverse.

The left wing media does its best to villify white southerners, so they only report the few attacks on blacks by white southerners, while remaining silent of the massive numbers of attacks on whites, including southerners, by blacks.

For the record, look up the Knoxville murders, or how about the incident in Kansas where a white child was drug to its death by a black. Perhaps look up the blatant lies of the "Jenna 6" and how the media connected two unrelated events together as in to get the public behind the thugs. You probably don't know of it because the left wing media is biased, and wants to villify an entire region and race.

Regarding the black church bombings, blacks committed a majority of the bombings, only to garner sympathy, in my best estimation. The same way blacks often are found to have been the ones to have vandalized the neighborhood with the writings of kkk, or the way a Jewish coed typed up a letter and placed it on her door to garner sympathy. How about the likes of John Lewis and company claiming that they were called a racial slur amongst the tea party crowd, with no evidence to purport such, or David Scott, a representative from Georgia, lying and claiming that his office was being vandalized by haters, when all likelihood someone he knows likely did it to garner sympathy and support for the man after he showed he didn't care for his constituents in regard to their health care bill concerns.

Are you that clueless?
Could you show me the sources for all of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
 
507 posts, read 769,999 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Is the title of this thread "Do you think the South sends enough to DC?"? No? Must be just another childish, mean spirited attempt to bash the South then. After all, why would you bring it up if it wasn't?
Mainly because it dooms the rest of us to horrid government for a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
1,070 posts, read 2,116,280 times
Reputation: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
Mainly because it dooms the rest of us to horrid government for a start.
Let me guess. You're a Liberal Democrat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
 
507 posts, read 769,999 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Please explain?

Do you support the Founding Fathers and the documents of the bill of rights, as well as the points of the separation of powers, and powers delegated to the states not specifically dedicated to the federal government?

If not, I understand where you are coming from.

However, if you were a true Constitutionalist, who understands the Constitution, and who understands policies being pushed are not of American ideals, but are more in line with a socialist state, then you wouldn't say as you do.

For the most part, most southern politicians, minus the democrats, are more in line with the Constitution.

What southern politicians do you specifically disagree with, and why?

By the way, there are a number of non-southern consitutionalists, or those more in line with traditional values, which is a good thing, so if you're going to throw stones, you haven't a reason to do so. To do so, would be to argue that you hate everything that America is supposed to stand for.
You are correct, southern politicos do understand the true Constitution did not allow blacks, women or 90% of white men to vote and just in case THAT wasn't enough to thwart the will of the people they also put in place a House of Lords, excuse me, Senate to see to it.
And just in case that wasn't enough, an electoral college so if people did vote the wrong way they could butcher popular will by that means.
Not to mention gerrymandering every ten years so that the "represenatives" have voters not the voters represenatives.

People often think of the US as the first new country, in reality its the last old one,with a system established before the French Revolution that was outdated at the time much less now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 09:27 AM
 
507 posts, read 769,999 times
Reputation: 267
[quote=jhadorn;15148653]Let me guess. You're a Liberal Democrat?[/quote

No,I am not.

Last edited by BigCur; 07-22-2010 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 09:50 AM
 
2,402 posts, read 3,579,784 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Could you show me the sources for all of this?
Knoxville murders
Channon Christian, Christopher Newsom murders News for Knoxville, TN from Knoxville News Sentinel

Jewish girl paints swastikas on dorm room

YouTube - Jewish student caught painting Swastikas on her own door then claiming Anti-Semitic Attack

Falsified slurs, reported by John Lewis, discussed on O'Reilly.

YouTube - Al Sharpton Lies About Tea Partiers Shouting "N" Word

This video points out the lies of the left, who infiltrate and misresport the truth, as well as who lie, intimidate, and edit with impunity.

YouTube - Al Sharpton Lies About Tea Partiers Shouting "N" Word

Black on White Crime
High Numbers of Black on White Crime (http://www.libreopinion.com/members/standarteslc/race05.html - broken link)
USA - Interracial crime at a glance and Statistics (http://www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com/005/06-02.htm - broken link)

Here is one example of black on white crime, all too-common of the violent agression directed at whites by blacks in many cities.

YouTube - Bad Ass Fighting In The Pizza Parlor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top