U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 AM

610 posts, read 958,576 times

Advertisements

Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder though?
How can it be proven that one city is more 'beautiful' than another?
How can beauty be proven in the first place?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:32 AM

410 posts, read 700,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicislife.glee View Post
Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder though?
How can it be proven that one city is more 'beautiful' than another?
How can beauty be proven in the first place?
I agree; but I think OP is referring to "conventional beauty" (i.e. thin, youthful, sexy clothing, etc), of which Miami has a lot of.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:05 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,995,592 times
I don't think there are any areas in the US (except for Philadelphia) that lack beauties of all types. I am partial to New York City, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Southern Louisiana, western PA, Ohio, and yes, Texas and Florida.

Texas gets a special shoutout - I have never seen a place that had beautiful Black, White, Latina AND Asian women in such high numbers.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,995,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Since few are from Florida and most from everywhere else, not even the US how could that be true? Then on the other hand I can take you to a zillion towns through the south and you will see women that were born and raised there that are knockouts. You run into them everywhere in the south. Walk in any truck stop and there will be a waitress with a peaches and cream completion and a figure, (natural), almost no make up that you can't take your eyes off of with a voice that will make you faint. Love that southern accent.
I went into a Chinese restaurant on the outskirts of Savannah, Georgia once and was totally smitten with the waitresses, all of whom had sweet Southern college-girl accents (Sophia: "What you want, boo?" Lucario: "YOU.")

Old 08-15-2011, 02:20 PM

20,861 posts, read 35,992,597 times
Minnesota is close to tops, particularly smaller towns.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 PM

1,731 posts, read 2,303,465 times
Lightbulb Sooooo...Enlighten Us, O Learned One---

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUelitist View Post
Only ugly, stupid, or just plain wrong people believe in opinions or subjectivity.

Beauty is quantifiable.
A) Who put the burr under your saddle?

and

B) Exactly who expired and caused you to become the final authority on anything? 'Ugly, stupid, or just plain wrong people'?...wow---must be something in the water up there on Mt Olympus to make you utter BS like that...

I've seen some beautiful women of all shapes, sizes, and ethnicities here in my native Midwest, and also when my travels have taken me to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Richmond, etc...that's my opinion, mind you, and it does NOT render me ugly, stupid, or just plain wrong...

What we have here, folks, is yet another self-righteous finoak who takes it upon himself to look down his upturned nose and pass judgement on the rest of us, lumping every and anyone who dares to draw breath into their lungs and disagree with him into one big clusterflack labeled 'ugly, stupid, and just plain wrong'...boy howdy---yours must be made of solid brass and 5 ft tall...

Sorry for your luck, sir, but I didn't realize that I (we) had to clear my (our) opinion(s) on this subject through your office...yeahhhh right

Old 08-15-2011, 03:03 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,779,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUelitist View Post
It's been proven many times that Austin Texas has the most attractive girls in the country, followed closely by Dallas at #2.
Austin has some of the hottest women on Earth.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,779,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't think there are any areas in the US (except for Philadelphia) that lack beauties of all types. I am partial to New York City, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Southern Louisiana, western PA, Ohio, and yes, Texas and Florida.

Texas gets a special shoutout - I have never seen a place that had beautiful Black, White, Latina AND Asian women in such high numbers.
Texas women are incredible. People put too much weight(Pun intended) in those obesity statistics. They make it seem like every woman in Texas is gonna look like the Michelin Man...LIES!!!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM

Wow, the consensus seems to be Texas. No way am I moving there, lol! It's hard enough for an average (okay, slightly below average) gal in Miami....

Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM

What is it about the women in Texas that you guys like? Is there a certain look ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or