U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 PM

7,412 posts, read 8,291,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
All the 9th Circuit Court did was block a couple of statutes of the law. It still goes into effect tommorrow. The main contentious parts of the bill will be debated and appealed in the following months. Don't hold your breath, the illegals will be going home soon. Regardless of their country.
The Arizona law that allowed the police to detain anyone who does not have documentation has been struck down. That's why the governor of Arizona wants to appeal today's decision. The controversial aspects of the Arizona law were stopped today and will not be allowed for a long time because further court hearings will go well into next year. The first appeal court Arizona needs to deal with is the 9th circuit in San Francisco; the most liberal of all federal jurisdictions and most assuredly will not allow the Arizona to be reinstated.

This issue has effectively been put on hold indefinitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 PM

5,674 posts, read 7,497,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The Arizona law that allowed the police to detain anyone who does not have documentation has been struck down. That's why the governor of Arizona wants to appeal today's decision. The controversial aspects of the Arizona law were stopped today and will not be allowed for a long time because further court hearings will go well into next year. The first appeal court Arizona needs to deal with is the 9th circuit in San Francisco; the most liberal of all federal jurisdictions and most assuredly will not allow the Arizona to be reinstated.

This issue has effectively been put on hold indefinitely.
It will not change the way AZ has been handling illegal immigration over the past 3 years. The sweeps will continue as they should.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 PM

5,674 posts, read 7,497,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Arizona is off the hook today since the federal court has stopped their immigration law. Hopefully Arizona will accept the decision and let things calm down as well as improve their reputation.
Let things calm down? It will still be against the law to be in this state and country illegally tomorrow, just as it was yesterday and just like it is today. It certainly would be wonderful if the federal government got off of its lazy ass as started enforcing its own laws, and while its at it, pay the bill that we in AZ are forced to pay for educating and incarcerating these criminals (had these things been happening in the first place, SB1070 most likely never would have come into play). I'm sure that is more important to Arizona than the ridiculously ignorant liberals' opinions about our state. Today's ruling was a slap in the face to states' rights; however, the Democratic Party will pay dearly at election time.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,430,598 times
The immigration problem is like a cancerous tumor, one which continues to grow until it is arrested, eradicated or surgically removed.
Let me ask you, if you knew that you had a tumor that was growing at an alarming rate, what would you do?

Like in cell growth, there are conditions which tend to accelerate growth, perhaps likened to the immigration issue, the fertile grounds or
the tissue that is ripe for invasion. America is as ripe for invasion as ever before.

I wish Arizona every success in their valorous stand against the Federal government. When it has been as clearly shown, (as it has), that the
government is not undertaking it's responsibility in respect to immigration policy, well then, I'm proud to side with Arizona.

If one would consider this example: Even the highest and mightiest castle is built upon the single stones, bricks or blocks, held and bound
together. If one of the bricks begins to fatigue under the straining weight of a shifting castle, the load is made heavier upon those adjoining
stones and unless the stone mason repairs the foundation, it may collapse.

Of what use is a failed government, an entity that preoccupies itself with infighting and contention, a system that cannot serve us as well as
it serves itself? Arizona is to be respected, the Rosa Parks of the southwest, willing and ready to do what it believes to be, the American thing.
How strange that I don't hear much from the McCain camp because I had always thought of him as a hero, we both were stationed on the Forrestal
and I thought that he held up magnificently over there in Vietnam. I know that if he'd stand up like an American, that Arizona could use his influence.

And as for Joe Arpaio? I'm betting that he's going to replace Larry King.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 AM

18 posts, read 17,943 times
While the unemployment rate is 9.5 here in the states, in Mexico it is about 3.4, has been pretty steady for the last 2 years now. The really interesting thing about who gets hit the worse by illegal aliens is the Blacks and Latinos by race and teenagers by age. These are the people who should be screaming at the top of their lungs about 12 to 30 million illegals flooding the job market,yet, they, by a twist of imagination, scream "racism" because the most verbal are whites. It doesn't matter what age or "race" you are, if your country is going down the crapper you should stand up.
I lived in Mexico for many years, I have three Latino grandchildren and four nieces and nephews who are Black, none of which believe "Illegal" is a race.
1070 became a law because we, as a nation, are being invaded.
Wake up people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or