U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,600,511 times

Advertisements

Oh, No! How DARE Arizona, not LET Illegal Immigrants flood the state, like fangirls flood a movie theater when the new twilight movie comes out!

How dare, Arizona take a tough stand on crime, Don't they know ONLY Democrats can do that?

Don't they know all those illegals will being voting for Obama? How DARE we stop them from voting illegally for our buffoon of a President!

I strongly support this law. Any Republican who opposes this bill should be booted out of the party.

Their "rep" is damaged. Most AMERICANS support this law! And NO People from SanFran or Boston are not EVERY AMERICAN.

Even Hispanics support this law. a Majority of Hispanics in San Diego support this law. And I believe they do in other states too.

Obama is being an idiot, he will lose in court, and then lose his Congressional Majority this November, and will himself, lose in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,210,269 times
well seeing how hispanic is not a race I don't know how they can come out as being racist.

I kinda agree that Obama has more important thing she should be focusing on.

This is totally a states rights issue. The state has a right to defend itself

Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 AM

5,530 posts, read 10,155,400 times
So can somebody who knows explain how this is supposed to work? In other words, how is passing this law going to get illegals out and keep illegals out WITHOUT prejudicial profiling? Who are they going after if they are supposed to be blind? And how are they going to go about doing it without discriminating and potentially getting sued?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
So can somebody who knows explain how this is supposed to work? In other words, how is passing this law going to get illegals out and keep illegals out WITHOUT prejudicial profiling? Who are they going after if they are supposed to be blind? And how are they going to go about doing it without discriminating and potentially getting sued?
scare them out I guess.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:32 AM

18 posts, read 17,910 times
All I can say about 1070 is, although it hasn't started yet as a law, the small town I live in here in Arizona has been cleansed of illegal aliens already. They are leaving of their own accord, unfortunately, half went south, the other half moved north.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM

17,341 posts, read 19,609,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
U.S. citizens of Mexican heritage (and other countries) should be appalled that they went through the legal process to become citizens here, when millions of others have completely bypassed the law of this land.
Excellent point and post. Illegal aliens are a slap in the face to legal immigrants and naturalized citizens and make them look bad.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Guiles View Post
All I can say about 1070 is, although it hasn't started yet as a law, the small town I live in here in Arizona has been cleansed of illegal aliens already. They are leaving of their own accord, unfortunately, half went south, the other half moved north.
I guess that supports my "scare them out theory" I would think twice about moving to a state that might deport me in a second if I was illegal. Especially when there are states that don't care.

I don't see a problem about a state trying to enforce laws, when the federal government won't

Old 07-18-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Excellent point and post. Illegal aliens are a slap in the face to legal immigrants and naturalized citizens and make them look bad.
I applied for a permanent residency visa (well actually my dad did), waited 10 years to be approved. I came here, behaved myself for the residency period (5 years), went to college in the meantime, then applied for naturalization and I am now a proud citizen.

It just pisses me off that I went through this over 15 year process when others just walk in, enjoy benefits, compete for our jobs, take up room in our classrooms while the rest of us are working our butts off the legal way.

Totally not fair

Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,721,250 times
I'm neutral about it.

I suggest targeting the individuals instead of actually taking people directly off the streets. The jobs are what is bringing illegals here because they know companies will hire them. As far as racial profiling; no sympathy from me there because it already happens to minorities (especially blacks like myself). Racial profiling will exist with or without this law.

I think for people not living in border states; you should have no say in how we handle things down here. You have no idea how bad it is here. My aunt was talking about how bad it was in North Carolina, but that was nothing compared to TX. You can sit outside on your porch near the border of Mexico and watch illegals sneaking over.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:05 AM

182 posts, read 279,323 times
Arizona will loose a lot of money, wealthy Latin Americans won't spend a dime there.

People that complain about illegals taking jobs, should really realize that there's plenty of jobs but most require a good education. Don't be bitter and blame someone for taking a bad paying job, I say be mad at yourself for not going to a good school. Also, blame all your beloved "American brands" that have shipped millions of jobs overseas. I don't mind illegals they don't bother me one bit, and I would much rather have my tax money go to a sick baby then the "fat cats" at Crysler and AIG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or