U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 AM

17,219 posts, read 19,525,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Oh so now you've polled all 300+ million Americans, and they all think the same way you do? Oh, I'm sorry, I mean 290 million Americans; afterall, those fake Americans in San Francisco and Boston don't count (strikes a bit too close to Palin rhetoric for my taste, personally)... Speak for yourself and no one else...afterall, that's what your vote entitles you.
Various opinion polls do show that most Americans are in support of the Arizona bill, by a substantial margin. Governor Brewer's approval ratings have even shot up after the bill was introduced.

Personally, I'm uneasy about it. But that won't keep me from visiting Arizona. I've been to the Grand Canyon and Navajo Nation and those are some spectacular places.

Most law-abiding Americans (including citizens and legal immigrants) recognize that there's a serious illegal alien issue in this country. And they seem to be in support of what is necessary to stop it.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 07-22-2010 at 09:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:43 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,473,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Various opinion polls do show that most Americans are in support of the Arizona bill, by a substantial margin. Governor Brewer's approval ratings have even shot up after the bill was introduced.
At most, those polls show ~ 51% in support for the law as it stands, which is hardly what I'd call a sweeping majority. My argument, however, was more against the stance that a vote or an opinion should be tossed aside or discounted because of your location or voting persuasion. As the poster had said, those people were not "every American." The U.S. isn't a homogenized population of people who all think the same; as a result, "every American" will *never* agree completely on any issue. A vote from San Francisco has as much pull as a vote from, say, Charlotte.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:37 AM

182 posts, read 278,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Most law-abiding Americans (including citizens and legal immigrants) recognize that there's a serious illegal alien issue in this country. And they seem to be in support of what is necessary to stop it.
"Various polls" ?, I'm sorry but are you the kind of person that believes EVERYTHING you see in the news. LOL.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:47 AM

182 posts, read 278,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Oh so now you've polled all 300+ million Americans, and they all think the same way you do? Oh, I'm sorry, I mean 290 million Americans; afterall, those fake Americans in San Francisco and Boston don't count (strikes a bit too close to Palin rhetoric for my taste, personally)... Speak for yourself and no one else...afterall, that's what your vote entitles you.
They probably get their info from Fox news .. more like FAUX news. lol I swear some people are just domesticated by the media.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:46 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,444,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody_1008 View Post
"Various polls" ?, I'm sorry but are you the kind of person that believes EVERYTHING you see in the news. LOL.
I haven't seen any polls that show more support against SB1070 than for it. As a matter of fact, the polls in the mainstream news and media have shown a majority for SB1070, then voters against it, then voters undecided.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,431,797 times
I know we NEED the tourism in this state...but honestly I am just sick of the Midwesterners coming here. Just stay home.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,146,935 times

YouTube - Real Time with Bill Maher - "Stupidest State" Showdown [06/04/2010]

Old 07-23-2010, 10:57 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,444,233 times
This video has been overposted numerous times in many different forums...Bill Maher is a doofus.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:44 AM

5,148 posts, read 4,431,797 times
Yeah exactly, I thought that was common knowledge. It's like a badge of honor to be called "stupid" by the media's stupidest man.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:55 AM

2,161 posts, read 3,987,359 times
He's not even funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or