U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,135,139 times

Advertisements

I would probably stay in New England area. The rest of the country just isn't as progressive and educated as New England. New England is a matured, developed society that has reached peak growth. The rest of the country is still growing, building highways, building neighborhoods, etc. We get a fair share of all four seasons. You don't have to go to church to get accepted by others and gays can get married (in most states). And it's got the oldest, most authentic buildings, homes, stone walls, covered bridges, and is just loaded with character that the rest of the country lacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:09 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,975,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I would probably stay in New England area. The rest of the country just isn't as progressive and educated as New England. New England is a matured, developed society that has reached peak growth. The rest of the country is still growing, building highways, building neighborhoods, etc. We get a fair share of all four seasons. You don't have to go to church to get accepted by others and gays can get married (in most states). And it's got the oldest, most authentic buildings, homes, stone walls, covered bridges, and is just loaded with character that the rest of the country lacks.

Couldn't agree more. This is why I love New england.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 PM

7,508 posts, read 3,727,189 times
Anywhere in East or West as long as it's not Midwest, LOL. Actually cross California off from the West coast. Well, so far.. I have Portland and Seattle in my mind...I haven't done much traveling yet, but I am a very outdoor person (if given the chance). idk.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:24 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,202,861 times
Santa Fe, NM - I love that city!
San Diego - the weather is so wonderful
Ft Worth - nice sized city - proximity to family
Houston - feels like home

Old 08-24-2010, 01:58 PM

9,849 posts, read 21,153,148 times
I'll probably end up staying in Lexington's SW side just because I'm so use to it. I've been eating at the same restaurants there since the mid 1990s when I first moved there at age 11.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,332 times
Well for right now, I am headed back to Washington DC while I finish up my undergrad degree. After I am done with that though I would really love to live in eastern Iowa (strange place to pick I know).

If money were no object, I might pick NH, ME or VT; but Iowa has an easier cost of living for me and seems to still offer some of the things I love about New England. Plus, I have a son and Iowa seems to be a bit more family-friendly than other places I'd want to live if it were just me.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 PM

892 posts, read 1,931,297 times
I'd head to Pittsburgh. I'm too tired to list all the reasons why, but off the top of my head; geography, architecture, people, character.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,818,281 times
I love where I am right now so I wouldn't move however if I had to move, it would be Hawaii.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or