Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Florida and am desperate to go back. However, we are slightly considering a move to Texas and it would most likely be to the Dallas/Lubbock/Abilene area.

Anyone who has lived in or spent a decent amount of time there, would really appreciate a comparison or pros/cons.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Still looking for info if anyone can help.

Please need info from SOMEONE>

Old 06-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
You might get more replies if you posted this in the Florida and/or Texas forums.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
You might get more replies if you posted this in the Florida and/or Texas forums.
Thanks. Guess I'll have to. Was just trying to avoid double posting.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:28 PM

20,513 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Well, I've lived in both. Their are differences and similarities . There are similarities between the two. But those are more like coincidences, though. Both are hot in the summer but depending and the northern and central parts of the states can get pretty chilly. Lubbock gets a pretty good amount of snow every year. Where did you live in Florida?

Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well, I've lived in both. Their are differences and similarities . There are similarities between the two. But those are more like coincidences, though. Both are hot in the summer but depending and the northern and central parts of the states can get pretty chilly. Lubbock gets a pretty good amount of snow every year. Where did you live in Florida?
In the last 3 years I have lived first in the Melbourne area for about 9 months(also lived there for 4 years about 7 years ago), then moved up to Pensacola for 6 monthd for husbands work, then down to Tampa for 1 year cause job didn't work out, then down to Miami (ended up in Plantation west of Ft Lauderdale) for about 9 months.

I love Florida and still have several close friends in the Melbourne area I have kept in touch with for the past 7 years since leaving the first time. Never stayed long enough in the other places to really get to know many people.

Regarding Texas, my husbands best friend is marrying a girl in Texas (they are both English) and he's feeling homesick. She is originally from that area and they don't really want to leave because she has a very large extended family. We were just wondering how the area compares in case there is a job opportunity in that area in the near future.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:33 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,389,410 times
Frank Tripp, that officer in CSI Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.