U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 PM

1,230 posts, read 2,839,994 times

Advertisements

I live in a rural area on a dirt road, so no one parks in the road, for the simple fact that there is no place to park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:20 PM

4,980 posts, read 8,434,659 times
I park in the drive. I wouldn't want my car to be hit in the street.
Some here park on both sides of the street, and I wonder what happens when a fire engine tries to get through...there should be an ordinance against parking on both sides of the street. Jeesh.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 PM

6,488 posts, read 16,150,620 times
There are no driveways or residences with their own parking garages, so everyone who has a car parks on any street in their permit zone ($40 annual permit fee), or in a monthly garage (most nearby are $200-250 a month). A few of the rowhouses have paved their small "gardens" in front to accommodate a car. Parking is allowed on both sides of the street (except during sweep times which occur twice a week on each side), but the streets are one-way so dealing with two-way traffic isn't a problem. Most of the larger two-way avenues have commercial establishments and metered parking.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,284,919 times
Where I live, every house has at least three cars. However, there is only room for one vehicle as most of the houses in my neighborhood are old style ranch homes. We park in front of our house and in the drive way.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM

153 posts, read 625,087 times
On my street everyone parks in their garage or driveway. I know of one Pgh. suburb where if you are parked on the street between 2 AM - 5 AM you will get a ticket. If you're expecting company you need to get a permit.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 AM

2,039 posts, read 5,778,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
On my street everyone parks in their garage or driveway. I know of one Pgh. suburb where if you are parked on the street between 2 AM - 5 AM you will get a ticket. If you're expecting company you need to get a permit.
In many neighborhoods of Phoenix and it's suburbs you are not "allowed" to park in the street! We pull into the garage, shut the door and run into the house as quickly as possible for fear a neighbor might want to say hello. j/k
Nah...... that'll never happen, people don't speak to each other here. No ones going to say hello! Craziest thing. LOL

Old 10-09-2007, 10:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,345,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I park in the drive. I wouldn't want my car to be hit in the street.
Some here park on both sides of the street, and I wonder what happens when a fire engine tries to get through...there should be an ordinance against parking on both sides of the street. Jeesh.
I post on a model fire apparatus board and some of the best posts include photos where fire crews have had to run hose (after breaking the window and/or door!) through a vehicle to get to the fire hydrant. They've also pushed vehicles out of the way forcibly to set up at the fire scene!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,345,028 times
Then again, SOME people park on driveways and drive on parkways...

Old 10-09-2007, 11:16 AM

49 posts, read 142,481 times
That is something that has always bothered me. I have a garage and a driveway that can fit 2 cars. I park one in the garage and the other in the drive way. There are only a few houses on my street and they are all exactly the same so they have the same as me but yet a lot of my neighbors park none of their cars in the garage and one in the driveway and one on the street.
Doesn't that really defeat the purpose of having a garage? Most are long enough to store junk as well as a car.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM

6,488 posts, read 16,150,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Then again, SOME people park on driveways and drive on parkways...
Oh a wise guy, ok then why are they called "apartments" when they're all clustered together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or