U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM

2,568 posts, read 5,068,539 times

Advertisements

I love Boston, and would never dream of leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 PM

571 posts, read 836,859 times
Cleveland is amazing. It's rusty, old, and worn-in like a pair of blue jeans. Great European architecture, looks like a mini-New York. There are plenty of hip & trendy neighborhoods around here, as well as an amazing music scene. Great food, too. I actually love the weather because I adore snow & I seem to look best in winter clothing. My family & friends are here as well. It's very cheap; I've seen people get by with 20,000 a year & live perfectly fine.

Overall, I love it here and wouldn't move.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,991,646 times
It's ok-- I don't love it, but it's perfect in terms of affordability and access.
I can't say Newark without many people thinking that I'm lying, but it offers some great things, and it's definitely improving.

I live in the north ward Forest Hill/Mt Prospect area, which is a historic district with little crime (there's a lot of wealth in the neighborhood too). There's not a lot going on in terms of nightlife, but I can always take a trip down to the Ironbound section (which is probably Newark's most thriving neighborhood), or travel east to Hoboken/NYC. I like that I live so close to what is probably one of the most beautiful, historic urban parks in the nation (Branch Brook Park)- it's where I walk my dog everyday . Mt Prospect Ave is the main street and is also the high rise district, so public transportation is top notch.

I don't even associate myself with anything west of MLK Blvd. That's where all the negative hype thrives. It's improving, but still in need of dire help.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM

2,704 posts, read 4,687,415 times
I just moved to the Seattle metro area about 7 months ago and LOVE it here. I came from the midwest and was pretty unhappy there, with the lack of things to do, lack of scenic areas, and cold winters. The weather here is fantastic, the scenery is unmatched anywhere in the US in my opinion, and the city itself is so clean with tons and tons of things to do any time of the year.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:34 PM

56,970 posts, read 81,324,636 times
I can't complain.....Where I live is in a great location, there's plenty of fresh water, beautiful views, generally safe for the most part, affordable, schools are good for the most part, it has enough to keep from getting bored, but isn't too big and has 4 seasons. I wouldn't call it perfect, but it is an area that offers quite a bit.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:11 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,602,603 times
I absolutely love Charlotte!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:23 PM

4,186 posts, read 10,321,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I just moved to the Seattle metro area about 7 months ago and LOVE it here. I came from the midwest and was pretty unhappy there, with the lack of things to do, lack of scenic areas, and cold winters. The weather here is fantastic, the scenery is unmatched anywhere in the US in my opinion, and the city itself is so clean with tons and tons of things to do any time of the year.
Seattle is awesome. And I agree the scenery is unmatched anywhere in the US. If I had to move today I would pick Seattle.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:01 PM

508 posts, read 1,319,917 times
Louisville

so-so, been here a few years and would be willing to move on

Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 PM

553 posts, read 1,178,090 times
I've lived in Nashville for the past 16 years. I love living here. It's a progressive city that has changed a lot since I've moved here. There are still things that can be improved...but overall...I think it's a great place to live.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:06 PM

449 posts, read 830,794 times
This is turning out great. Except for the guy who loves Cleavland. That is some serious positive mental attitude! I'd rather slam my dick in my front door every day than live in Cleavland.

Of course, not too many people rave about Detroit either so don't feel bad. I think all of us rust belt folks would rather be elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or