Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
This is turning out great. Except for the guy who loves Cleavland. That is some serious positive mental attitude! I'd rather slam my dick in my front door every day than live in Cleavland.

Of course, not too many people rave about Detroit either so don't feel bad. I think all of us rust belt folks would rather be elsewhere.
Not me. I live in Michigan and LOVE it. Moved away for years and couldn't wait to get back. Where in Michigan? Mason County in the Ludington area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 07:10 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,254,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Cleveland is amazing. It's rusty, old, and worn-in like a pair of blue jeans. Great European architecture, looks like a mini-New York. There are plenty of hip & trendy neighborhoods around here, as well as an amazing music scene. Great food, too. I actually love the weather because I adore snow & I seem to look best in winter clothing. My family & friends are here as well. It's very cheap; I've seen people get by with 20,000 a year & live perfectly fine.

Overall, I love it here and wouldn't move.

I completely agree with the ^ above posting. I'm from Cleveland originally, now I live in Columbus. I love and adore both cities!
Cleveland is a truly remarkable city for soooooooooo many reasons, I share the OPs love and adoration for the cities beautiful architecture, quality of life and amenities. Meanwhile, I've also grown quite fond of Columbus ...
Ohio is "HOME, SWEET HOME"

Old 07-23-2010, 10:38 PM

571 posts, read 943,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
This is turning out great. Except for the guy who loves Cleavland. That is some serious positive mental attitude! I'd rather slam my dick in my front door every day than live in Cleavland.
Yeah, OK, sorry. I should be a total pessimist and whine & moan about where I grew up and spent most of my life, right?

Sorry that not everybody can afford to live in LA or NYC. No way am I going to ditch my family & friends for congested traffic and ridiculous rent. Is Cleveland the best place ever? No, but it's better than, say, I dunno... a third-world country where I actually WOULD rather slam my dick in the front door everyday than live?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:41 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
Me Meee Me...
Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:04 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,509,869 times
I absolutely adore Orlando. I never thought I'd choose it over NYC, but at this point in my life- hands down. I'll be one unhappy camper when I leave again in September.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 PM

449 posts, read 934,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Yeah, OK, sorry. I should be a total pessimist and whine & moan about where I grew up and spent most of my life, right?

Sorry that not everybody can afford to live in LA or NYC. No way am I going to ditch my family & friends for congested traffic and ridiculous rent. Is Cleveland the best place ever? No, but it's better than, say, I dunno... a third-world country where I actually WOULD rather slam my dick in the front door everyday than live?
LOL! Well, if you lived in Cleavland all of your life nobody would blame you for complaining!

But I have to agree with you on the fact that it is a lot better than living in a third world country.

Truth be told, if I wasn't wearing a pair of golden handcuffs I'd be out of Detroit tomorrow. Ah but maybe this year I will be able to do the snow bird thing.

Palm trees baby, palm trees!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:45 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Loving where you live is easy. As long as you are living in a state, village, town or neighborhood where you can take a long hard look at the quality of
life in that place that you call, home and contrast what you see with Haiti, Iraq, Afghanistan, Mexico and practically, the biggest part of the world.

I live in a relatively small township on Long Island NY (duh), as if you couldn't have figured that out for yourself. Life is comparatively good here although
on a relative QOL issue, if you need to find work, there are fewer opportunities here than there are in other places. I never forget that there are always
and certainly, worse places than here.

As many of us see, there have been so many societal changes to consider when offering an opinion as to, "loving" where they live and without understanding
the length or the quality of the love that they have, is a very relative aspect of that love. I've lived in this town for 36 years and have enjoyed the best of
blessings here, but as most of us have seen, the times and the people are changing and I only wish that I could say, for the better. It is good though, that I
do like my little town. The deflated housing market would not allow me to be able to sell my house and yet afford to move elsewhere. I consider myself fortunate
because I have no more than whatever it is that I can afford to have and thankfully, no less. I'll end on this philosophical note:

"Blessed are those without great expectations because they have fewer disappointments".
What is this the Miss USA pageant? The taxes here suck. I am moving to Dallas.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
What is this the Miss USA pageant? The taxes here suck. I am moving to Dallas.
You'll be surprised at how high the taxes in Texas CAN be. In some parts, the taxes aren't that much different than parts of Upstate NY. I'm just saying......

Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
I am not sure. I know they have no income tax, 3% property tax, and no sales tax on food (like NY). I am not sure about all parts of Texas but Southlake seems to be good. Plus the cost of living and quality of life there is nice. Our new house has a pool which can be used more throughout the year than here and since we are having children it will be nice for them. I am also very health conscious I like to lift weights in the backyard instead of inside and I like sports which the weather is nicer in winter than NY to do those things. The town is really nice I could not not pass it up. I will be working withmy son to play hard in football and training with him nonstop because in a football system like theirs chances to get noticed and go pro are a beautiful thing!

http://www.hawkeyemedia.com/gallery/...outhlake01.jpg

http://esocialworld.com/wp-content/u...9/04/as045.jpg

Last edited by Bo; 07-27-2010 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: Per TOS, don't post copyrighted images, link to them.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
I love living in Seattle, Washington right now.
I also loved living in New York City.
I also liked it when I lived in New Paltz, New York for a few months.(a small liberal town 2 hours north of NYC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.