U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Lower East Side, Milwaukee, WI
2,945 posts, read 4,162,239 times
Reputation: 1113

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
I tend to believe the more I worry about ending up in the poor house, the more it becomes reality. The more I focus on confidence in job security and adapting to change yet accept where I am in life with gratitude, the more room there is to grow. It's this kind of hysteria that breeds unemployment numbers because the media would rather not focus on constructive progress, solutions, and most of all truth. I don't subscribe to that crap, it just brings you down. There are so many oppurtunities to be had, and neither the media nor the government are going to hand them out.
So, if people stopped fretting over not being able to find a job and not being able to pay their bills, then they would all be able to find jobs and be able pay their bills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2010, 12:38 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,382 posts, read 15,343,168 times
Reputation: 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Middle class = non-existent

Maybe you can ignore facts and statistics, but I can't. The wealthy continue to game the system and wield an undue amount of influence over the politicians in our country. If you're an American and you don't hate the rich, then you're not paying enough attention to what's going on around you.
True, those who own Multi-Billion dollar corporations do wield a lot of political influence, but those type of people do not make up the majority of the middle class. Do doctors or Lawyers ring a bell? Do you hate them because they have money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Lower East Side, Milwaukee, WI
2,945 posts, read 4,162,239 times
Reputation: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
True, those who own Multi-Billion dollar corporations do wield a lot of political influence, but those type of people do not make up the majority of the middle class. Do doctors or Lawyers ring a bell? Do you hate them because they have money?

People who run multi-billion dollar corporations aren't middle class. Just what, may I ask, do you think qualifies as being middle-class? IMO, doctors and lawyers aren't middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 01:29 PM
 
Location: moving again
4,382 posts, read 15,343,168 times
Reputation: 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
People who run multi-billion dollar corporations aren't middle class. Just what, may I ask, do you think qualifies as being middle-class? IMO, doctors and lawyers aren't middle class.
That's beside my point. you don't like people with money just because you don't have the amount they do, and i find that completely foolish.

As to your point, yes, upper middle class is the same as middle class to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
 
Location: northern Vermont - previously NM, WA, & MA
9,473 posts, read 18,404,272 times
Reputation: 11938
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
So, if people stopped fretting over not being able to find a job and not being able to pay their bills, then they would all be able to find jobs and be able pay their bills?
No they should just change their strategy. I've been down that road, worrying and caving into negativity never helped anyone, why defend cynisism? Hating on the rich certainly won't find you a job, or get you anywhere in life. People love to have a scapegoat to blame, but in the end it's only them that can change the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 PM
 
1,604 posts, read 3,508,596 times
Reputation: 1527
Given in the last decade how many Americans acted so greedy, had to have everything they want "just because," and bought into the materialistic messages of celebrity living and glam rap as a measure of their own worth, the real question is does America deserve a middle class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,186 posts, read 10,319,917 times
Reputation: 1589
I think this thread is pointless and should have never been made. What is posting this thread gonna solve? If the middle class really is shrinking you shouldn't be dwelling about it on CD thats gonna make it worse. Honestly I don't see the middle class shrinking.. Looks like the OP has been staying up to late reading online articles and late night info-infomercials about how the world is ending. Dude stop being a p*ssy about it. Only you have control of your life, don't worry about other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 PM
 
291 posts, read 654,452 times
Reputation: 277
Stick your head in the sand. The reality is that the Middle clas is disappearing.

This system has failed and should be changed to adopt to world competition. Start be regulating Wall Street annd creating Green jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 11:24 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,782 posts, read 74,782,583 times
Reputation: 48339
that is bek junior cant stay a child til he is 40. nor can he remain a student.
adult = 18.
the lost generation of x box players. the comic con kidults.
skate boarding at 38.
papa is 65 and needs to retire but instead he is doing a triple by pass and going back to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,186 posts, read 10,319,917 times
Reputation: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
Stick your head in the sand. The reality is that the Middle clas is disappearing.

This system has failed and should be changed to adopt to world competition. Start be regulating Wall Street annd creating Green jobs.
Regulation is what is hurting the middle class! The government doesn't create jobs, the people do. The government has made it nearly impossible to do business because of all the regulations. People like you are the reason why the US is doing so poorly. Leave the US if you can't handle capitalism!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top