U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM

291 posts, read 652,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaTwins View Post
I don't care if they're intelligent or not. All I care is that they stop fu**ing with our lives and stop antagoning businesses.

I love how you think you can judge intelligence anyways.

You should be more concerned with the trampling of civil rights under the Bush regime.

Obama is not anti business get that out of your feeble mind.

People always before coporate greed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM

129 posts, read 162,365 times
Quote:
You should be more concerned with the trampling of civil rights under the Bush regime.

Obama is not anti business get that out of your feeble mind.

People always before coporate greed.
What civil rights did Bush trample? Specifics please.

How is threatening to remove CEOs not anti business? Name one high ranking member in his administration with any kind of private sector experience. Favoring unions and increasing taxes is anti business and promotes outsourcing. His "five pillars that will strengthen our economy" that he outlined include consist of spending programs, regulation of Wall Street, and imaginary deficit reduction - not once does he even hint at helping out the private sector which runs the economy. Re-regulating banking, hauling bankers before congressional committees, passing laws tightening credit card lending, and capping bonuses all impede recovery. Once he intervenes in the private sector, he reaches in and tries to grap as much as he can. He is idealogically anti-business and pro-government.

I'm sorry, but making money is not a problem. Corporations are supposed to make money - that's how standards of living improve. I don't understand how liberals view profit as evil. Profit is the most important thing in the economy; if we got rid of profit everyone would give up and we'd all be a bunch of welfare bums.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 PM

291 posts, read 652,802 times
Foolish people = Foolish leaders

Keep believing the lies.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM

648 posts, read 1,417,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
Its called Affirmative action for the rich and powerful. Bush is a dumb as a door knob easily manipulated by Dick Cheney. What great speah did this fool ever deliver?.
No, it sounds like you have no argument.
American Thinker: GWB: HBS MBA

I love your little comebacks they are so bitter. More like empty insults really.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM

What did Bush do? More than Obama.
Bush's Achievements | The Weekly Standard

Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Foolish people = Foolish leaders

Keep believing the lies.
I believe Obama is foolish. Therefore Obama is a foolish President.

You keep on mentioning lies; what lies are you talking about? I would like to know specifically what lies you believe I am supposedly being fed? I mean, you aren't exactly disproving my points, all your saying is I am believing lies. Can you offer more concrete specifics other than blindly calling people liars and rascists?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
The core principle of the market is that businesses take risks which can potentially result in profitable rewards which provides services and goods to the economy as well as provide employment. If the party in power (the Democrats) threatens to reduce private sector rewards, the private sector will take less risk. Taking less risk means less inovation and less innovation means halted growth in the private sector. If the private sector stops growing, and people are layed off and less goods are produced. This is called a reccession and the middle class is thusly hurt.
That is the core of my argument. Please try and disprove that as you haven't said anything else other than blindly writing things like "corporate greed" and "keep believing the lies". Please lay out specific arguments as best you can.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,940,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
Americans are like crabs in a kettle over a slow burner. The water is getting hotter and you are all clueless.

If this was Europe or anywhere else people will be marching down Wall Street.

We should have pulled George Bush, Karl Rove and Dick Cheney out of the white house and flogged them in public on the mall for all the mess that they got us into.

And now that we have an intelligent president who just happens to be black, all of these frustrated white men with a sense of entitlement , tag all the problems on him.
Try looking back to the early 70's and the CRA and HMDA which were enacted under Democratic Congress. That is where the mess started.

Both parties are to blame, don't try to put it on a select few.

And stop playing the race card it just looks foolish.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Bush is a dumb as a door knob easily manipulated by Dick Cheney. What great speah did this fool ever deliver?.

YouTube - George W. Bush - 9/11 Bullhorn Speech

^More real and more reassuring to the nation than anything Obama's ever read off a teleprompter.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:22 PM

I am a business owner by the way. So yes liberals please explain how your policies will result in the growth of my business and the creation of more jobs in the process. It will not, in fact take a look at NYS vs Texas. NY's liberal policies are killing businesses while Texas and its conservative policies of lower taxes and less regulation have created growth and built the most recession resilient economy in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or