U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 723 times

Advertisements

Have home in NE Missouri, 5000 acre lake, almost like your own private lake, very little traffic.
3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, shop, 2 1/2 car garage, 1600+sqft, double lot, close to Columbia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 11:00 AM

4,252 posts, read 2,522,601 times
Charlevoix, MI
Meredith, NH

You really can't go wrong with any city in Northwest Michigan. Of course the largest city in the area is Traverse City which has everything I could possibly need and more but you'll have to decide coming from a very large city what type of ammenities you need and what's a "relatively large town" to you.

Meredith is not too far from Boston or Portland, ME.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM

5,555 posts, read 6,990,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Charlevoix, MI
Meredith, NH

You really can't go wrong with any city in Northwest Michigan. Of course the largest city in the area is Traverse City which has everything I could possibly need and more but you'll have to decide coming from a very large city what type of ammenities you need and what's a "relatively large town" to you.

Meredith is not too far from Boston or Portland, ME.

Anywhere in Michigan.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:34 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,934,565 times
Here is another Vote for NH, Winnipesaukee is pretty pricey but there are other just as beautiful lakes around that are a "little" more affordable, newfound, winnisquam, etc.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:01 PM

32,108 posts, read 33,017,270 times
I would suggest checking out Greenwood Lake which is on the border between New York and New Jersey.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:16 PM

56,700 posts, read 81,017,273 times
This may be another place to consider: EASY TO GET TO, EASY TO ENJOY | Lake George Area

As well as this community not too far away: Town of Ticonderoga

This community in Mid-Michigan also comes to mind: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haslett,_Michigan

Old 08-09-2016, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 305 times
Default Lake George propert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carniehands View Post
Hi there everyone! First off, thanks for taking the time to read this. My Aunt and I are on a somewhat frustrating hunt to relocate to. We are open to any state however there are a few thing we do want, that I was hoping we could get help with.

We want decent sized property on a lake, there doesn't even need to be anything already built as long as it can be built upon. It's fine if the lakefront area is somewhat small and then expands out into a larger lot.

We want a town that has a sense of community!!

If it is in small town, we would like a relatively large town at least 1 or 2 hours a way in case we get shopping fever!

We would ideally like a place that experiences seasons somewhat equally (i.e. we live in southern cali now and we have summer year round! Similarly, we don't want a place that seems like it has winter year round!)

We would like a place that has horse trails!

I know this sounds picky, but if there is anything near you that meets these descriptions, I would be forever in your debt if you could just mention them. We have gone on so many trips and have used up so much money to travel to places that seem perfect on paper, only to be let down. Being that I don't know many people across the U.S., hopefully someone has a recommendation for us!

Thanks again!
Hi Carrie!
My parents have a beautiful lake front property on beautiful lake George! It's located in Ticonderoga,ny. This is smaller community but is a quick drive to larger towns and cities. It's a 3 bed 2 bath A frame style house with a very large lake frontage. I have pictures if you would like to see them.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 AM

5,847 posts, read 11,029,768 times
I used to live in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri. We purchased .5 acres / lakefront for under 225K, on the large lake (there are two lakes).

In addition there was a riding stable 1/4 mile from our home, and the national Equestrian Center was in the same town.

Saint Louis was about 30 miles away.

Winters are short, but summers can be a bit brutal

It was a great little community. Just too bad it was in Missouri.

City of Lake Saint Louis, Missouri, USA*
https://www.lslca.com/

Old 08-09-2016, 01:11 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,127,812 times
Literally hundreds of lakes within 2 hours of Minneapolis. Dozens of lakes within 2 hours of Chicago (IL/WI border in/around Lake Geneva).

http://blogs.twincities.com/politics...vers-lakes.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or