Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,539 times

Advertisements

So first off not looking for abandoned mining towns nor am I looking for someplace crawling with monsters, that much should hopefully be obvious. =P In the games, Silent Hill is depicted as a quiet, quaint little town with 1950s-1980s stylings, resides near a lake, and seems for the most part to be a fairly cold and wet place, only turning into a creepy, demon-infested hell for certain people. I was always struck by how nice a town it seemed like it could be, and was wondering if there were any actual places like it. You can find pictures of the town from the games relatively easy through google, but here's a map anyhow if it helps: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130627222652

Also... first time on these forums! Nice to see that a place like this exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 08:56 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimoptera View Post
So first off not looking for abandoned mining towns nor am I looking for someplace crawling with monsters, that much should hopefully be obvious. =P In the games, Silent Hill is depicted as a quiet, quaint little town with 1950s-1980s stylings, resides near a lake, and seems for the most part to be a fairly cold and wet place, only turning into a creepy, demon-infested hell for certain people. I was always struck by how nice a town it seemed like it could be, and was wondering if there were any actual places like it. You can find pictures of the town from the games relatively easy through google, but here's a map anyhow if it helps: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130627222652

Also... first time on these forums! Nice to see that a place like this exists.
welcome to City Data Mr. Satan, please respect the TOS

Old 02-08-2015, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
welcome to City Data Mr. Satan, please respect the TOS
Ah sorry, let met fix that.

EDIT: Crap, can't edit the original post >_< Here's the non-hotlinked image: http://imgur.com/9dkwDQy Sorry again, didn't mean to violate the TOS

Old 02-11-2015, 07:53 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Centralia and Ashland, Pennsylvania.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 PM

52 posts, read 109,528 times
There are a many towns in Central PA that look like Silent Hill and not only do they have that 1950-1980 styling you mention, they have taken it a step further with hairstyles, clothing, and social trends of that period as well. One major difference though is that the residents of central PA are significantly larger than those seen in the video game and movie.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:47 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,487,918 times
According to the movie; Silent Hill is in West Virginia.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:33 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,751,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvmdmd View Post
There are a many towns in Central PA that look like Silent Hill and not only do they have that 1950-1980 styling you mention, they have taken it a step further with hairstyles, clothing, and social trends of that period as well. One major difference though is that the residents of central PA are significantly larger than those seen in the video game and movie.
I definitely agree. I noticed driving through a lot of the towns are centered around one main factory or industry in the town. It reminds me a lot of Silent Hill with the schools, stores, etc. kind of hidden away in the mountains. Google Ridgway, PA and Johnsonburg, PA to see what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.