U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 AM

4,382 posts, read 15,319,905 times

Advertisements

WalMart is not in The DC area at all until you go out about 50 miles. I like that a lot. But DC isn't evn close to where you are thinking of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 07:35 PM

7,731 posts, read 12,188,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan k View Post
My wife and I are looking at moving in summer of 2008.We have 2 children still at home and currently live in "little mexico"phoenix soon to become part of Mexico.
We are trying to decide between places in Montana, Utah,colorado and Idaho but we will not live in a place that Walmart has destroyed . Someone has to stop Walmart they take nice little towns and turn them into growing, prospering towns but the problem ihave with these towns growing is that if you ask most of the people in these towns they didnt want them to move in.
The town committees made the decision to destroy the town but what do they care Sam Walton just gives them a little money to say "yes".
Sorry if i got off on a rant but Walmart destroys life in small towns, its kind of like the Germans when they were trying to occupy Europe,walmart must be stopped.
If there is anyone that can give me an idea as to their favorite small town under 10000 people in either utah, montana,idaho or colorado.WE need to get our 2 kids out before they get hurt, kidnapped or raped in this crappy town.
Sorry im so angry but i use to be happy but it is hard to stay happy when you cant walk out the door without hearing the ghetto bird or police sirens.
I need my country life back ,it was a mistake to take my redneck butt and try to live here where i am required to speak a foreign language to get a good job.This city sucks.PLease give me ideas, i need out.
Good luck finding a town that does not have a Walmart.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,756,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Good luck finding a town that does not have a Walmart.

pretty easy in vermont - there are only 4 in the entire state.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 PM

105 posts, read 296,216 times
I dont hate mexicans, but i waish they would speak english.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 PM

150 posts, read 480,719 times
aah phoenix three feet from hell and 200 miles to water one night I spent a week in phoenix. ok ok ... I do know what you are going thru I will say north west colorado is booming with jobs as well as the entire state of wyoming and it is probably more up your alley.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:21 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,756,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_r2z0 View Post
WalMart is not in The DC area at all until you go out about 50 miles. I like that a lot. But DC isn't evn close to where you are thinking of
there are at least 20 stores within 30 miles of DC.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Thank you bigreez thats what im looking for.How are prices of rentals and housing.What are some of the towns or cities that would be booming.My wife doesnt want to be in or near Denver, i use to drive truck to Denver and i dont want to raise the kids there either.We like the country life and dont mind driving 30 miles to work.I drive 30 miles to work here and it takes me 45 minutes in the morning and 1-2 hours at night and that is all freeway from work to home.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 PM

150 posts, read 480,719 times
I currently live in the big horn basin there are not as many jobs but a good mecanic can always find work powell has about 5000 people 20 miles from cody (it has a walmart) 60 miles to billings mt (it has every thing) type in wyoming job bank it will tell you all the jobs in the state. well not all but lots ,my buddy just moved to the area and is paying 300/month rent on an apartment in lovell. Just depends on what a guy realy wants in rock springs you can not keep hands around for $20/hour,but rent and housing is high,gillette and sheridan same way.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 PM

253 posts, read 1,622,748 times
There is no Walmart in the Portland, OR area close-in to downtown. I believe to find a Walmart you'll have to travel several miles to an outlying suburb - I'm guessing they exist out in Gresham or Beaverton. I avoid the suburbs and live/work close-in, and haven't seen a Walmart in three years. It's nice - almost like it just doesn't exist in my little world.

Very recently, as in the past couple of weeks, Walmart was again turned down by neighborhood protests and city planners in a suburb east of Portland - they finally gave up and will start looking elsewhere for land to raze, I'm sure.

People, the answer to the demise of Walmart is very simple: DO NOT SHOP THERE. Period.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 PM

You said it best gnubler!dont shop there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or