U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 AM

5,256 posts, read 11,957,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Its too cloudy here too!

WHAT A GIP! I want my MONEY back It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! The ONE night there is supposed to be an Aurora Borealis in the Northern US, it just happens to be cloudy in a lot of those areas (I'm in WA State, another was in NJ, and another is in MN).

Oh well, at least we tried, eh?
I guess we'll all have to get to AK one of these days.
I hear they get them frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 07:21 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Had clear skies here in Central Minnesota and I took a look around midnight but didn't see any. It's not unheard of to see them in the summer here but it's a pretty rare occurance. I did see a shooting star and killed a couple mosquitos so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:27 AM

12,084 posts, read 34,148,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Had clear skies here in Central Minnesota and I took a look around midnight but didn't see any. It's not unheard of to see them in the summer here but it's a pretty rare occurance. I did see a shooting star and killed a couple mosquitos so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
Same here. The sky was clear as a bell, but the only thing out were the stars, mosquitoes, and bats... and a boob sitting on top of a sand dune with his camera and tripod until 2AM. I'm not going to name the boob, I'll let you guess who it was .

It was a beautiful night to be out though, and the sound of the waves from Lake Michigan washing ashore on the sand below was quite nice and relaxing.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Same here. The sky was clear as a bell, but the only thing out were the stars, mosquitoes, and bats... and a boob sitting on top of a sand dune with his camera and tripod until 2AM. I'm not going to name the boob, I'll let you guess who it was .

It was a beautiful night to be out though, and the sound of the waves from Lake Michigan washing ashore on the sand below was quite nice and relaxing.
someone posted a pic from Calumet, MI in this story...
Northern lights paint skies across the world - CNN.com

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM

12,084 posts, read 34,148,649 times
Yeah, I heard that at the top of the Mitten (Lower Peninsula) and in the UP you could see them. I was just a little too far South.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:38 PM

5,990 posts, read 11,562,228 times
Calumet is way up there, in the Northern U.P. They see the Northern Lights a lot up that way (not as much as Alaska).

Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,358,461 times
I saw it up here in Duluth, just really green is all it was. I've seen it in Montana in the fall once and that was AWESOME!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.