U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,513,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joann62 View Post
^I agree! Minnesota and Wisconsin more of the 'natural' blondes.
My friend in Wisconsin tells me that many of the natural blonde girls there dye their hair brown/black, not sure why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 PM

3,406 posts, read 7,555,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
My friend in Wisconsin tells me that many of the natural blonde girls there dye their hair brown/black, not sure why.

I noticed this in Maine too. I guess in places where the exotic look is less common and 50% of people have blonde hair dying it dark gets more attention

Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 AM

12,414 posts, read 11,910,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
I think it's 5% of Americans who are naturally blonde. Some blondes may die their hair lighter as well. Btw, some Hispanics are naturally blonde. I think about 7% of Argentines are of German descent. There are blonde Italians too (in Argentina). I'm not sure what percentage of those in Miami are natural, but there are a few.
I do find it funny how difficult it is in the U.S. to find women with unaltered blond hair. Most women who are in the dirty blond range put in highlights to some degree, making their hair look totally unnatural. You can see this by doing a Google Image search of "Natural Blond Hair" and seeing that no one, even the women who are supposedly returning to their natural color, actually has roots which fully match what the hair looks like.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM

203 posts, read 262,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickboss View Post
Anyone?
Natural blondes or Bleach Blondes??

Utah has the highest percentage of natural, I believe.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,736,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
It is extremely rare to find someone who is naturally blonde as an adult. By then it usually turns into a dark blonde/light brown.
Not true at all. Go to a Scandinavian country or a place where a lot of Scandinavians have settled (MN/WI/MI) and you will see that this is a complete fallacy. MN is by far #1, though regions of WI (like Stoughton near Madison or northern Door County) and MI (especially the UP) offer up competition.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,860,426 times
Natural blonde-Minnesota

Bottle blonde-California

Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 AM

13 posts, read 35,953 times
No one mention Texas ... i have seen many blondes there too, mostly the northern and eastern part of texas.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 AM

349 posts, read 606,991 times
I was watching Wimbledon the other day and I saw a lot of blondes people in the stands. There is also a lot of British/Irish people with blonde hair. We all know Scandinavians are known because they have blondes hair but I find it very stereotyped to just say Minnesota. People from the Baltic countries and Russia are also very blonde

Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,736,244 times
I've been all over the United States and I like blonds, so I'm telling you this as a first-party observation that several others on this thread have confirmed - it isn't a "stereotype" that there are more natural blonds in Minnesota than elsewhere, it's the truth.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:52 AM

939 posts, read 2,828,474 times
i probably commented here before since my dads side is from minnesota and wisconsin. i've even been to several countries in western europe and have never seen so many blondes in one place like minnesota and wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or